Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2005 12:15:15 PM EDT
I need to know what are the longest AKs slings on the market, I need to replace the one on my SAM7.

How long are the khaki colored slings KVar sells, or are the russian slings the longest?

Info greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Jake
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Russian sling is alot longer than the Romanian or Bulgarian slings.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe try a Romak III sling.  The rifle is longer so the sling should be longer.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
SKS slings work great on my AK's, and the leather tabs dont rattle like the clip on the front of the standard sling...

ETA: And could someone just get me the mag that the guy  has in the pic above for X-mas this year??? I mean come on!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I built a basic 3 point sling for my Sam 7 using the method specified on the AR15 side.  I built it to the exact length that I like and it works great.  I think I paid about $7.00 with the shipping and handling, and put it together in about 10 minutes.  I tried the sling for my Arsenal that came with it from the factory but it was just too small and couldn't really serve my needs.

Warning:  This sling is not for those that believe that an AK should be bare bones, just as it was in the middle of the last century.    
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The blue East German sling has got to be the longest on the market..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top