Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 5:32:17 PM EDT
has anybody done a test to see which of the 74 brakes is most effective?  early russian, bulgarian/ middle russian, new russian/ak100 series, romanian, or the polish tantal?  i mean for total braking ability, muzzle climb, and sound transfer away from the shooter.  i would imagine the ak74m/ ak100 series would be because it was the most recent development.  however, the bulgarians stuck with the middle russian design, the poles made their own, and the romanians went with the middle russian design with a smaller volume expansion chamber.  all of this happened at about the same time frame approx 1988.  this is just something that i was thinking about today and wondered what other people thought, or possibly new the definative answer?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
haven't fired it at night!  why not?    it sounds like you have a photo op to me.  thanks for the response by the way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a bulgarian AKS74 with the midproduction brake on it and a late production Krebs AK74 brake copy on my FEG 7,62AK. Caliber differences aside both do a very good job
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an AKS-74 U Bulgy four piece flash hider on a Yugo M92 kink in 7.62X39.  It's a very interesting FH.  Not only does it eliminate more than 95% 0f the flash, but it directs the muzzle blast staright ahead in a narrowly focused cone away from the shooter.  I can shoot it outdoors without ear protection and not get any ear ringing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
i've got one of those Bulgy HOBOs also, and one of their 74 brakes.  i was also thinking of ordering one of kreb's versions. the only problem is that they are in the pile of parts that should already be 3 AKs.  i need to get off my butt and get them assembled so i don't have to live vicariously through you guys.  my wife has a nice Romy 74 that she doesn't really let me touch because she is affraid that it will end up in pieces like mine did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
+1  Bulgy Krinkov 4-Piece FH

Awesome unit!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top