Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 2:21:51 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy an AK-47 but know absolutely nothing about them.  I have 2 AR's, shotguns, handguns, but I just don't know AK's.  It is stamped "Made in Romania."  It has a thumbhole stock and the wood is beautiful.  The end of the barrel is cut at an angle.  It is in very good condition-very good.  It has a flip up sight of some sort and the serial number ends in "-99".  I dont know if that means is was made in 1999 or what.  The magazine was a single stack as oppossed to the double stack (or staggard stack) in my AR.  He had several guns for sale and told me he had never shot this one, but he offered to let me step out back in his pasture and shoot a few rounds.  He will take $350.  I know this isn't much info but does this sound reasonable?  Are there any reasons not to buy a Romanian AK ?   I thought I read somewhere that these don't have many options or accessaries available.  I'd probubly put a more traditional stock on it.  I'm just looking for something dependable with a 30 round mag, and a lot of knowck-down power.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model.htm

It could be several from the above site from what you described.

IMO a low cap / dumbhole stock AK is worth $200 max

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much...there under $200 because they cant give them away.......you can open the mag well to except 30 round mags is the only redeeming factor. Bad deal....keep looking.
Hell for $350 on the EE you can pick up a damn nice correct AK.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
AIM Surplus says:

$320+S&H

(that, BTW, is a full-capacity, 'correct' semi AK - what you are looking at is a ban-friendly pre-04 rifle)....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Do your wallet a favor and do some research here first.

I'm sure Texas is just chockfull of AKs - it's a big state.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey thanks for the info.  You have kept me from making a bad buying decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is a good site about Romanian Rifles, but you'll learn many basics also.
The prices may be off a little.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml

This is a good site that has a variety of AK's
Atlantic Firearms
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top