Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 12:06:49 PM EDT
How much do you think this might cost to build one from a kit if I supply all parts required?

I have a few builers in mind you all think highly of, but do you have any recommendations?

Yugo M92, and Bulgy AKS-74U
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
How much do you think this might cost to build one from a kit if I supply all parts required?

I have a few builers in mind you all think highly of, but do you have any recommendations?

Yugo M92, and Bulgy AKS-74U

For just a build Under 300.00 is a fair price anything over that is crazy!  Since all builders who do top notch work does it all the same!  Its like when you put your pants on in the morning we all do it the same.....with that I recommend Ken @f Global

Ant
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Call Ted Marshall or Chris at AK-USA, if your talking about engraving, removing unwanted letters off the receiver, moving serial numbers, proper refinishing, $300 would get you started, but it would take another $500 or so to finish the job.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Call Ted Marshall or Chris at AK-USA, if your talking about engraving, removing unwanted letters off the receiver, moving serial numbers, proper refinishing, $300 would get you started, but it would take another $500 or so to finish the job.

Agreed, no builder worth his salt will build a Krink for $300.00 You get what you pay for. Chris at AK-USA will build you a masterpiece, but not for 300 bucks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seem some of Ted's work but not in person.  That looks like the quality I want.  Any thoughts on Troy at Inrange? Ohio Rapid Fire told me because of the move and such, they aren't taking any builds till FEB. 1st!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, no builder worth his salt will build a Krink for $300.00 You get what you pay for. Chris at AK-USA will build you a masterpiece, but not for 300 bucks.

Thats where you are wrong!  The reason they charge that much is because they have you and everyone else fooled in believing their work is really that much better than other quality builders.  I would put Kens work against anyones out their!  Not only can he build AK's, his does great work on FALs, Brens,  1919, Garands and other military weapons from the past.  If anyone knows how much work goes into building a Bren can relate!

Ant
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, well then I suppose Ken at Global is backed nearly a year building krinks. I do not know the man, no flame towards you or him, but honestly, I have never heard or seen a krink built by Ken at Global. When his krinks show up on these boards, I will look em over and get back with you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
ok everybody play nice, no i`m not backed up a year in krink builds, my Krink builds start at $300 and go from there, if you want to see any of my Krinks you have to go to gun boards .com or my website,  I`m not booked until late "next year" because this is a full time job for me, and I am the only employee that way I can pay attention to quality, my turnaround time right now is about 6 to 8 weeks for an AK or Krink build

ken
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Troy @ INrange

He is a standup guy.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
everyone knows krinks go to INRANGE!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Promote your favorite gunsmith, but don't do it by trashing the competition.

+1 on that!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ok everybody play nice, no i`m not backed up a year in krink builds, my Krink builds start at $300 and go from there, if you want to see any of my Krinks you have to go to gun boards .com or my website,  I`m not booked until late "next year" because this is a full time job for me, and I am the only employee that way I can pay attention to quality, my turnaround time right now is about 6 to 8 weeks for an AK or Krink build

ken

Ken where are you located in MI?

ETA: Whoa! I just got an IM that Ken is like 2-3 miles from where I live!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#13]
HI KEN  its always great to see the builders show up
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top