Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 7:02:00 PM EDT
I have gotten a couple of Bulagarian folding stock kits lately which were advertised as new unissued kits.  I opened the boxes and everything looks pretty new (besides the usual shelf and handling wear), but for the heck of it  I ran my finger over where the bolt meets the barrel, and out came what looks like black carbon. I got a Q-tip and stuck it inside the rear of the barrel and sure enough, it came out dirty. Not terribly black, but dirty enough to make me wonder. I tried swabbing the compensator, but that was not too bad.
I know I should  run a patch through it to be sure, but I do not want to use the rod that came with it.

So my question is:  Do anyone know if Bugarian rifles are test fired before they are stored?
The bolt looks unused, but we all know anything can be repainted.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Every Bulgy 74 kit I've looked at had been test fired.You have to remember,these AKs were made for the military or export,who would have thought they would be purchased to be de-milled!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I kinda thought that was the case.  I know that these were originally made to be issued to the Bulagarians or exported to another country's army.
It only made sense that they would be test fired, then "proofed" before put in storage.
But I just had to ask!

Thanks for the reply

Alex
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You can pretty much count on the fact that EVERY gun made has been test fired..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top