Page / 2
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:16:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
And that is the difference between this place and GunsNet.

I like it over here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
wait....AA no longer aligned with ORF? oh boy

oh my word....he's been AWOL for a month on all boards
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Krinkfreak, forget my question I asked in the EE... I "kinda" got it answered here.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, and I thought Bob was a stand up guy??? Glad I did'nt get the shaft on my side folder kit..
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's the real question...

Do we buy from someone else assuming that AA will not be filling our orders ???

Also, who is going to get all of Bob's kits, "if" it is a financial situation ???

Is there any way that Bob can get online and clear this all up... Us with orders in need to know
what to do  

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Barbeque
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#11]
And to think when I criticized AA, I got flamed so bad. Bob is a great salesman, but not a great manager of resources.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#12]
With his phone ringing off the hook, email box overloaded, and folks (myself included) from this and several other forums clamoring to give him money for his kits,  I would really like to know how he has financial troubles.

Did he over extend himself  with that last shipment he just mentioned that came in?

I know it's a long shot, but I'm going to shoot him an email and try to see about the status of our orders.

Good luck Bob, I hope everything turns out okay!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a suspicion something was wrong when he stopped accepting orders via email. All I wanted was 10 AK-74 mags.

I don't have any kind of long-distance phone service, so why rack up a $10.00(?) addition to my phone bill when I could (and did) make the same deal for the same mags from JNewt for the same price?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Dont believe every thing you read here!   AA was just in Washington getting a hold of Imbel kits, so if he is financially strapped how can he buy them?  
Heck the dealer program here is pricey compared to other sites and he can sell just as many kits on other sites as he can here, since most members just dont stick to one site. Well except for 95% of the Dealers here just advertise here due to the cost! PLus no other site can offer the number of hits and this is the place for AR15 and AA does not focus on AR stuff.

Maybe ORF is the one that is over extended! Since they could not do the RF 5 receiver due to the need of bringing in AK kits and other kits before Sept, opps JAN now!

Ant
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I had a suspicion something was wrong when he stopped accepting orders via email. All I wanted was 10 AK-74 mags.

I don't have any kind of long-distance phone service, so why rack up a $10.00(?) addition to my phone bill when I could (and did) make the same deal for the same mags from JNewt for the same price?

Scott

For the last couple of weeks he hasn't been taking orders by phone
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:08:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Before anyone puts in that last nail in his coffin, maybe we should wait till someone actually makes contact with Bob.

I seriously Doubt  that it is financial trouble.

It could be personal problems, or maybe he got into a car accident and is laid up in the hospital (I hope not).

I know it is difficult to wait, since some of you have sent him M.O.'s, but what else can you do?

I think someone should contact Todd at ORF or someone else that knows him real well (and can get into contact) and see what's really happening.

I know that he was seriously inundated with orders. And it was difficult for him to keep up. The money was flowing in, so there couldn't be financial troubles. But he (and Dan) were working hard to grade and ship those kits. I know that a kit that I ordered took a month to ship.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:52:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Akron Armory had dealer status when he was affiliated with Ohio Rapid Fire, selling Ohio Rapid Fire products.  The Tantal and PKMS kits were not products offered by Ohio Rapid Fire.  The business affiliation was terminated on 8/10/05 and notice was given to Akron Armory by AR15.COM Staff to immediately upgrade their account.  They chose not to.

Akron Armory may be in some sort of financial difficulty and may not be able to fulfill orders placed by members of AR15.COM.  This appears to be the same situation on other gun boards as well.  Senior Management decided to take immediate action to limit any further possible financial loss to members of AR15.COM.

Thanks for the clarification!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:27:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

For the last couple of weeks he hasn't been taking orders by phone

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my previous post. He started the phone-only thing at least 2 months ago. It was right before Jnewt did the group buy on AK mags, so that's how I know. His posts on AKfiles.com should reflect this, too.

Scott

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is a response I got back from Dan at Dan's Ammo.
Thanks again Dan.

presently we do not work with Akron Armory with kits.
We will honor any past responsibilities from our past affiliation if there
are any.
Reading your mail, I would say Bob should send you your money back.
You are welcome to post us and we will mention this matter to Bob whenever
he contacts us.
sincerely,
Dan
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#23]
tagged for outcome
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#24]
bob was a good guy when i dealt with him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#25]
So is anyone gonna call Bob on his cell phone and get the downlow so we can all stop speculating  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:01:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Bob still owes me 2 AKS74 trigger guards.  The Bob that I talked to have always been great, but it's when I dont hear from him that worries me.  The 2 kits I got from him were great but the trigger guards were messed up during demil process.  he said no problem, send the trigger guards back to Dan's Ammo, since it was when he partnered with Dan.  It's been about 2mo now and I have not heard a single thing from.  I didn't know what's up with him but I have now contacted Dan's Ammo since that's where I sent the parts back to for exchange.  I hope to hear from them soon.

So as far as I'm concerned, there is definitely cause for concern.  I just wish people would communicate  in situations like this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Will be be able to take new orders?

Last Wednesday Bob told be to call back next week to order.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#29]
WTF is going on here??  I really wish Bob would come and post to explain what the deal is.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
OK, I just got off the phone with Bob, he contacted me about all the issues going on. I will not discuss the particulars of the problems, but will say that he is going to resolve all outstanding problems. Here is how we are going to go about it.

If you have an outstanding issue with Akron Armory:

Post in this thread saying email sent

Send an email with specifics to [email protected] I need your real name and board name, along with what was ordered, when how paid, etc.

I have 4 different numbers to get in touch with him, and will do so.

I'm trying not to overcomplicate this, so here goes...

Jeep, how would you define "outstanding issue" ?

I ordered a Polish Underfolder kit, I have not been charged, will my order go through or should I consider it "cancelled" ?
I have no prior "issues", I just want to know if our orders are going to be filled "eventually" or if things are dead and we should
be looking elsewhere for parts ?

I just don't want my CC to be charge 2 months from now after I have went elsewhere to buy something, does this make sense ?

I'm not trying to cancel my order because I would like my sweet kit..... I just want to know if it has already been cancelled for me by AA... Damn I am starting to confuse myself, shit  

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#31]
email sent
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:55:49 PM EDT
[#32]
I said once already, and Bob used to say it alot which i gathered pissed people off by their reactions to it.

BARBEQUE!

lMAO
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#33]
That's basically all I am looking for...

If the BBQ is still on then I will go back to minding my own business and let the man do his cooking  

I'd like some slaw with mine Bob  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Bob is a stand up guy in my experience.  First rate.  I waited for my shipment a good long while and it did indeed arrive WITHOUT my bitching, moaning and calling him.   He did exactly what he said he would do and I had patience and trust.   I was very satisfied.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:34:31 PM EDT
[#35]
okay, email sent to [email protected] regarding the trigger guards I mentioned above.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Dont believe every thing you read here!   AA was just in Washington getting a hold of Imbel kits, so if he is financially strapped how can he buy them?  

You need to get your facts straight.
(1) The imbel kits were imported by PWARMS.
(2) Dan's Ammo is PWARMS primary reseller, infact they are more then that :-)
(3) Originally Dan's Ammo and AA had a partnership going on, Bob was there with Dan messing with DAN'S kits
(4) But Dan said that there is no more partnership going on.;

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I have had a Underfolder kit on order with him for 3 months.  My card has been charged and I have no kit!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#38]
What was the source on the news that AA/Bob was in WA sorting out FAL kits?  I thought PWArms was in big trouble with the FAL parts kit bust and had closed shop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Ordered a Krink kit from Bob, he said it would take a while, took about a month. Got it together last week,he's all good by me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What was the source on the news that AA/Bob was in WA sorting out FAL kits?  I thought PWArms was in big trouble with the FAL parts kit bust and had closed shop.

Oh jeez....I hope they are not caught up with that...that was BIG news
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Right here:

www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149180
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#42]
welll.......everything looks fine and in order with Bob over there and the FALs are being returned
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(3) Originally Dan's Ammo and AA had a partnership going on, Bob was there with Dan messing with DAN'S kits

Yes your telling me something I already know about PWARMS!  Also Bob said he was out looking at the Imbels and if he lied thats on him! So if I'm just repeating what is public knowledge on a post at the Falfiles, then how do I have my facts wrong?
Also I thought that those kits where Auctioned off by the Importer and also since those Kits are supposedly pre 2000 and the Importer can build them into FAL's and be with in Reg's.....Opps you probably already new that!  Since your the man full of Info!  

So how about you think before you correct someone about what they have said....Oh BTW have you stopped your TROLLING on Gunboards?!  You know the AK trigger Group Buy that a Sponser was holding on their site and you brought up DPH Arms! Nothing against Scott, just you!

Ant
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#44]

I ordered a Polish Underfolder kit, I have not been charged, will my order go through or should I consider it "cancelled" ?
I have no prior "issues", I just want to know if our orders are going to be filled "eventually" or if things are dead and we should
be looking elsewhere for parts ?

I just don't want my CC to be charge 2 months from now after I have went elsewhere to buy something, does this make sense ?

+1   I think most are in this situation.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#45]
email to Jeepcreep Site Staff earlier today.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:31:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Will be be able to take new orders?

Last Wednesday Bob told be to call back next week to order.

Never mind, I will just wait and see how this plays out
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#47]
As to the earlier question about Dan's grading system being accurate?  I know because Im about 10 miles from his warehouse, and everything I have in kits right now is from kits I hand picked there.

I got to watch this latest batch of Polish underfolders get opened in the shipping crates, each one was removed and examined for condition, then boxed and marked for grade, in my opinion, its like the foodchain for distributing drugs, at every level, the product gets cut, in this case, Dans grade 2, would probably be most places grade 1, his grade 1 would be like a "superior" or 95%, his top grade, looked damn near perfect, and for me, I didnt need to spend the extra $$$ for a few %age points of finish wear, they are probably not ever going to be sold to the general public much, because there are a few purists out there who are willing to pay that extra 50 bucks, to say they got the very best, even if its tough to notice what the difference is between a grade 1, and the "best" condition kits.

Dan is a good, personable guy, and if there are problems with someone associated with him, I would tell you that chances are, its THEIR problem, not his, and he nicely told you that in the earlier email.

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#48]
This whole situation is FUBAR.  

I am not psyched that my credit card information is being held by someone who has shown himself to be less than capable of meeting his commitments, has given me the run-around and has held me off from purchasing a kit elsewhere with one-too-many promises.  Not a smooth operation to say the least, even for a kitchen table gun dealer.

Bob last responded to my many emails, instant messages and phone calls with the following on 9/5/2005:

"In the continuing saga of what is right and what is wrong, on advice from our attorney we have stopped from sending kits to Washington State at this time.

Your order is "complete" as there are kits setting aside for you. Upom disposition of the inquiries we will advise ALL Washington customers.

Matter of fact, I arrive at Sea-Tac tonight and will be in Seattle all week dealing with this and other issues.

We await a ruling.

Bob"

Not a word since and no news until I hear that he has lost his dealer status on this board.  Thank you to the Mods here for getting involved and letting us know what the hell is going on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is going to become a shit flinging match. Thing about it is a few guys all teamed up at the begining of summer, well by the end of summer it went south. Things where getting sold by Akron, and not getting built by the builder like they should have. Things where not getting shipped from the shipping partner like they should have. PPL would go direct to one or the other and get there stuff, but if they went through the salesman Bob...it seems the other two interested parties dropped the ball, or just out right said to hell with it, I am taking care of my shit, fuck Bob.

Wonder why there is no more partnership...?

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Speaking of which...where are the May Madness Krinks...anyone received those yet?  Cards have been charged and to my knowledge product isn't moving.  Why hasn't Bob responded...Did he get banned to go with his Dealer status revoking?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top