AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2005 1:56:04 PM EDT
At Kvar.
They have the black and bakelite.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, $20?  Anyone know if these will fit a Romanian(not WASR, DPH kit)?

EDIT:  Guess it helps to read, description says fits all AK's.  Now the question is, which one should I get?  I'm leaning towards the bakelight, but the black polymer does look pretty nice...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a black one from them a while back and it was rusted underneath the paint around the wirecutter pivot point on the scabbard.

Other than that, it's pretty neat. Not quite as nice as the Ontario USMC bayo but a far sight better than the M-7.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got a black one from them a while back and it was rusted underneath the paint around the wirecutter pivot point on the scabbard.

Same here. One of these days I'll hit it with some paint. I just keep dropping a little oil on it.

I've got an orange bakelite and it's nice but the black is nicer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the Black ones I just bougt in a box of mixed stuff...  Originally I had planned to just sell the bayonet off...  BUT... these are some really nice knives so I decided to keep it...  To don't have the slightest idea if these would sharpen well but these are a handy size and weight to use as a camp knife even...  Not too big but not too small...

I would love any feedback on if these can be sharpened before I take a steel or stone to mine...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have one of the Black ones I just bougt in a box of mixed stuff...  Originally I had planned to just sell the bayonet off...  BUT... these are some really nice knives so I decided to keep it...  To don't have the slightest idea if these would sharpen well but these are a handy size and weight to use as a camp knife even...  Not too big but not too small...

I would love any feedback on if these can be sharpened before I take a steel or stone to mine...

It's a bayonet not a knife , they will not get sharp it's for sticking .
There was a post some time ago about sharping a bayo , alot of people have tried , but no deal ...

I got the black bayo from kvar , just before they sold out last time , it was brand new, looks really good, looks evil as hell on my sa-m7 !!!!

Quarterbore hoped I helped .
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, I hear you...  There are some bayonets that you can sharpen and really use...

www.m9bayonet.com

My Phrobis M9 does hold an edge pretty nice...  I never could get an edge to last on my lancays however!  So much for using this as a camp knife I guess...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Why did you have to go and show me these?

Just ordered a black one to go on my SLR,hopefully it's not rusty.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know if they will work on a Arsenal sasm7 folding stock?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got my black bayo today.It is in new condtion,can't beat that for the price.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Bulgy bayonet from K-VAR next to a couple of Polish pistol grips from Robert in Poland ("laukart")
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]
You can sharpen all you want, but I'm not sure if it'll hold an edge.  It'll only work as knife if it's heat treated after it's been sharpened.  Geneva convention still forbids sharpenning bayonet, maybe that's the reason.

Also, is there a reason for the rust around the pivot area?  Most if not all Bulgarian bayo are like this.  It must be the crappy finish and the way they stored the bayo in warehouse.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You can sharpen all you want, but I'm not sure if it'll hold an edge.  It'll only work as knife if it's heat treated after it's been sharpened.  Geneva convention still forbids sharpenning bayonet, maybe that's the reason.

Also, is there a reason for the rust around the pivot area?  Most if not all Bulgarian bayo are like this.  It must be the crappy finish and the way they stored the bayo in warehouse.

Obviously you have never seen the Ontario USMC bayonet, or a Valmet bayonet. Both are genuinely good quality knives, and SHARP.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:24:20 AM EDT
[#18]
The L1A1 brit pattern FAL bayo comes nice and sharp
holds a nice edge in camping use
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top