Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:20:20 AM EDT
First of all, after I am finished with my riveting, what is the best finish to match the actual Bulgarian 74 for my receiver?
Also is there a tried and true way to touch up very small imperfections (light wear) in finish without having to do large sections?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a closely guarded secret for some reason. We know it's a type of epoxy but no one seems to know the exact type or color ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:15:15 AM EDT
[#2]
What finishing method have people been using to try to match it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#3]

"Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy" Gloss Black #7886

Supposed to be the exact match for the Bulgy, baked after dry for 400* for 1 hour.  I use Norrell's on everything.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Gloss intead of semi gloss?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats a paste from Gunco. I knew I had seen that and went back and found it.

Thats what it said "gloss". Like I said I use Norrell's, but it makes sense since you bake it, that should cause some drying taking the sheen out some.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top