Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 5:29:46 AM EDT
Any of the online places have them. What can I expect to pay?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Not much places have these mags for sale you'll have to look for a private seller your looking to spend from 80 to 120 dollars for them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#2]
such a pity too, they look sweet in guns. any options via converting or is the magazine too different in size?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
In the James bond movie Goldeneye, all the 'bad guys' run around with underfolders in 7.62 with bakelite mags. I always thought they were the coolest looking AKs.

There's no way to convert a '74 mag into a '47 mag, and I don't think you'd want to anyway, the difference in curvature and size is massive, if that's what you're asking.

I would like to see someone make bakelite Ak stuff in the US though. Pistol grips, mags, furniture. Especially in that neat green-and-black stuff.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
yeh. it was kind of what i figured. it was just me reaching for that last little bit of hope cause i'm definately not interested in spending 100 for a magazine. guess i should get a diff caliber at some point, but i like it simple. the more of one caliber, the less types of amo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
How about the slab side mags?
The black plastic ones. Anybody got em?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How about the slab side mags?
The black plastic ones. Anybody got em?

There's some Polish Poly 7.62 mags on the EE ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I would like to see clear AK mags in all three calibers made in the US. It really wouldn't be that hard to do would it? Someone with the manufacturing capability could really make some money making them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:13:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Try Tantal.   He normally has all sorts of different mags available.  I think the going rate is in the $75-$100 range for 7.62R bakelites...  I have done business with him several times and his products are 100% as he describes.  He will work with you to get exactly what you're looking for as well.

Spooky
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top