Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2005 3:48:26 PM EDT
I'm thinking about ordering 1K rounds of this, how is it?  I see that it's copper washed with brass cases, looks good in the picture.  I've only had experience with Wolf and Norinco ammo in the past.
Thanks in advance for replys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of those topics seem to be Yugo or "mystery" ammo.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Most of those topics seem to be Yugo or "mystery" ammo.

I looked into this and the Portugese and 'mystery' ammo are one and the same (as Templar's links will show).  I have read only good things about it.  I've ordered some from Ammoman but it hasn't come in yet.  I'm kicking myself because at a gun show a couple of weeks ago they had it for $120/1000 in the wooden crate.  Had I known I could have saved a few bucks but I didn't research it before the show.  You just never know what you'll find.  

I am glad that I didn't buy any South African .308 since it actually ended up being a few cents cheaper per round to just order it online including the shipping.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Im assuming this is the "sterile" ammo, with no headstamp markings??

I bought a case, just to put away, but Dan, at Dans, told me he thought it was non corrosive, he didnt have any loose, so I couldnt do a corosivity test on it.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Shot poorly on my SLR-101. Silver bear and Wolf did better!!! I just sprayed the last 500 rounds of it, not worth keeping it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Im assuming this is the "sterile" ammo, with no headstamp markings??

I bought a case, just to put away, but Dan, at Dans, told me he thought it was non corrosive, he didnt have any loose, so I couldnt do a corosivity test on it.

Mine has headstamp markings, but I don't remember what they are...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#9]
No problems with the battle packs of this stuff I bought from Ammoman.com.  I like Wolf better for my AK's, but the indoor range I use only allows brass cased ammo.

Good stuff for the price if you need brass, otherwise you will get a better deal and value with Wolf's current production.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
No problems with the battle packs of this stuff I bought from Ammoman.com.  I like Wolf better for my AK's, but the indoor range I use only allows brass cased ammo.

Good stuff for the price if you need brass, otherwise you will get a better deal and value with Wolf's current production.

Thanks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top