Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2005 12:56:09 PM EDT
I've been doing some research on com-bloc weapons and have been unable to find out if there are any parts interchangeability issues for the multiple AK variants that exist.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
On compatibility,you run into problems with milled vs stamped such as buttstocks,and there are some differences in AK74 parts and AKM parts.I know this answer is kinda vague but your question covers several different variations from several different Countries.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
if your talking strictly euro aks
yugos are about the only 1's that are diff (rec,trunnion,bbl,gas system,hg's,butt)
if your talking all aks chicom are also diff (rec,bbl,mags,hg's,butt,bolt,trunnion) some parts will interchange some wont

also the bolt,bolt carrier,bbl, trunnion and rec wont interchange between the 47-74-556
but the rest of the parts will
hope this helps atleast alittle  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
On compatibility,you run into problems with milled vs stamped such as buttstocks,and there are some differences in AK74 parts and AKM parts.I know this answer is kinda vague but your question covers several different variations from several different Countries.

Sorry about that I'll be more specific.  Firing pins, Hammers, sears, triggers, bolts (do they need to be headspaced or are they like the AR) basically internal parts to keep them going in the field.

My experience with the AK Platform is limited.  I can field strip them and shoot them, but that's it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
fireing pins are most all the same
there are some that are spring loaded (chicome i think)
and bolts you cant change without headspaceing or atleast checking
all other parts are the same
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
fireing pins are most all the same
there are some that are spring loaded (chicome i think)
and bolts you cant change without headspaceing or atleast checking
all other parts are the same

OK that helps a lot, Thanks!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top