Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2005 5:23:44 AM EDT
I noticed Wolff now carries an AK-47 extra power recoil spring. I recall asking them about the availability of such a product...

Now, on my AR-15, I removed the XP action spring because there lies the potential for the spring to prevent proper cycling with lightly loaded Wolf 223 cartridges.

On my Vepr, it would cycle properly with a vented gas tube... There's a lot of force pushing that piston back, and I doubt a 15% more powerful spring will cause cycling problems.

What are the benefits to using a higher rate recoil spring on a rifle? Wouldn't the spring dampen the recoil a tad on the rifle (whereas on a pistol you want the slide to move independent of the receiver for full recoil action) and increase the force of the bolt carrier slaming back?

My Vepr cycles fine as-is, but the one complaint I always had about it was the sharp "recoil" compared to the AR-15. After firing a string of 30 rd on the bench, the rifle will have moved back so much that my elbow almost falls off the table. Using sandbags, I have to push the rifle forward after each shot or the muzzle will eventually fall onto the table.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
ttt
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top