Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2005 4:36:41 PM EDT
Hi there I just bought a WASR10 <spelling?>  anyway, i've been told that the first thing I should buy is a "G2" trigger.

What is a G2 trigger?!  And where can plentiful amounts of cheap magazines be found, what do they usually cost?  I'm used to getting USGI 30rdrs at 8-10 bucks each...same price range?

Thanks in advance!

MAtt
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Magsare about the same in price. Until U get in the bakelites for the Ak47. I can not help U with the trigger but both of my guns one built by JNEWT has a kickass trigger in it. And my 47 from Vector had a  great one too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey bro, this is about the cheapest G2 your going to find: Midwest Armory

EDIT: Oh yeah, Welcome to the Darkside ...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Magsare about the same in price. Until U get in the bakelites for the Ak47. I can not help U with the trigger but both of my guns one built by JNEWT has a kickass trigger in it. And my 47 from Vector had a  great one too.

Vector says they use Tapco triggers. The G2 is a Tapco trigger.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you fired the gun yet? If you have and felt a hard slap against your trigger finger after firing while the action cycles, that is called " Trigger-Slap" In order to remove the slap, the trigger group would need to be replaced. Some WASR-10's have already had the trigger group replaced, and have no slap..Mine didn't.

PS: Welcome to the darkside...there are lots of people here who love to talk about AK's here, and most of them are friendly on this side. Where are the pics of your new Rifle?

PSS: Mags are usually around $15 each, or $10 each if you buy a few at a time for 30 rounders...I found a couple at a local flea market for $10 each..I was pretty stoked about it...plus you can get good deals at gunshows....Good-Luck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome To The Darkside!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
.......Where are the pics of your new Rifle? ........

Okay I'll bite.  I love to take pictures

AK is the second from top  These are the guns that I've picked up last week.  It seems like the revenge of the 80's

Anyway, thanks for the advice so far.  No I haven't shot the AK yet, but I do know what trigger slap is thanks to my finger breaking MAC11  After cycling the WASR and dry-firing I have to say that the trigger is lighter than any of my AR's.  Seeing how someone mentioned that some guys put G2's in at the factory, that leeds me to believe that this is one of the same.  I got a 30 and 40 round magazine with the gun, but would really like to get a bunch....even if I never make it out to shoot the thing it would be nice to look at about 1000 rounds loaded up ready to go. Soooo, if anyone out there has about 10 or 20 mags they are looking to get rid of; IM me with $$$'s

Thanks again for the help!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
cant help on the trigger--i did not see the point in upgrading a $320 WASR w/ trigger or sights

h/w, SPG had some AK mags: 10 for $25--dont know if they still have anymore (they were on backorder anyways)

check out KVAR for some mags as well as CDNN and tapco for some cheap mags

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey bro, this is about the cheapest G2 your going to find: Midwest Armory

EDIT: Oh yeah, Welcome to the Darkside ...

is Midwest Armory a good place to shop from?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Have you fired the gun yet? If you have and felt a hard slap against your trigger finger after firing while the action cycles, that is called " Trigger-Slap" In order to remove the slap, the trigger group would need to be replaced. Some WASR-10's have already had the trigger group replaced, and have no slap..Mine didn't.

PS: Welcome to the darkside...there are lots of people here who love to talk about AK's here, and most of them are friendly on this side. Where are the pics of your new Rifle?

PSS: Mags are usually around $15 each, or $10 each if you buy a few at a time for 30 rounders...I found a couple at a local flea market for $10 each..I was pretty stoked about it...plus you can get good deals at gunshows....Good-Luck.

Actually if he wants he can try to fix the trigger slap by going to  http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/slapfix.htm  .  It fixed it on my ROMAK andf my WASR10.  Also a good link for FCG removal and installation .  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Fire the gun first before decideing to replace any parts.

Welcome To The Dark Side!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Heres a good sight for Ak stuff. www.k-var.com
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
is Midwest Armory a good place to shop from?

absolutely. ryan is the best out there. if he had everything i wanted, i wouldn't even think about going to anyone else.

anyway.
like he said, fire the gun to see if you have trigger slap and if you like the feel of the trigger. if it hurts, file it down and follow the directions on the website someone listed up(linx's site) there for a quick fix. worst case, replace it. i didn't have any problems with my trigger and i loved it, it felt really nice and i am glad i never replaced it.

as for magazines, i've had a lot of luck at pawn shops also. sounds odd, but i found one that had a bunch of mags(ar & ak) for 10 bucks a pop. other than that, try gun shows and just wait for another deal to pop up. there was a great one on sportsmansguide a little while ago. figure out how many you "need" to have to have fun shooting and then just wait til you find a deal on the fluff magazines. for me, i "needed" to have 7 before i could wait.

anyway. welcome to the dark side.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:09:34 AM EDT
[#13]
You may very well already have the G2 fire control group.  You can tell by looking at the disconnector, if it has a "tail" on it then it's not the G2.  If it's not the G2 then I would highly recommend upgrading to the G2 or else doing the "trigger slap fix" that somebody linked to.  The G2 is less than $30 bucks and is money well spent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I just did the G2 upgrade and it was easy.  It's hard to explain, but just trust us when we say it's an improvement over the stock trigger.  If your trigger is a G2, it should say G2 tapco on the side of it I think, at least my new one does.  

I don't know why people say it isn't worth upgrading a $300 gun witha $30 trigger, how exactly isn't it worth it.  The WASR is awesome for a cheap gun, it isn't pretty, but it works every time I pull the trigger.

I would order the Tapco G2 Single Hook for $35 from www.blackjackbuffers.com and also get yourself the Notched S.W.I.F.T AK-47 Safety Lever for the range to keep your bolt open.  I think these two mods are well worth the money.

Good luck!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top