Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:17:44 PM EDT
One of our good customers came in today to cancel a layaway he had, and roll the deposit onto another gun.  The re-stock in question was a SAR-3 with two Weiger mags, a K-VAR KV04 scope mount with red dot, Meprolight night sights front and rear, and a real Romy threaded FST with AK-74 comp. Nice wood, and everything was straight.  $399.00.  I put it back up for sale and it was gone two hours later.  I already have an SLR-105 in layaway, but this little guy would've had to follow me home at the end of the day; glad a customer came in and removed the temptation.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:55:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, at $399 it was bound to jump off the rack. So what do you think of those Meprolight night sights? Are they worth having or just another gimmick?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hell, at $399 it was bound to jump off the rack. So what do you think of those Meprolight night sights? Are they worth having or just another gimmick?

I was really surprised at how bright the rear sights were. Single horizontal vial on either side of the notch:  ā€“uā€“  showed up nice and clear. The front sight was a vertical vial, but appeared to be damaged and was quite dim. I'd replace it with an XS big dot and call it good.

Unfortunately, Mepro stopped marketing their AK sights here in the States several years ago. They're still available in or from Canada, IIRC.  XS needs to start making a rear sight to go with their front post.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top