Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 6:10:44 AM EDT
I was wondering if there is a thread on here with the exact dimensions for the mag well so I can convert my friends single stack to take hi-cap mags.  Thanks for the help guys!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if they give the dimensions, but check out the Romanian section.  There is a sticky regarding the conversion.

If you are really, really lucky, the trunion will already double stack.  I have seen a few of the latest WASR10s with the double stack trunion.

As far as dimensions, I just put the magazine up against the sheet metal and drew a line.  The WESCOG method.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that if it's a 2003 or later WASR, the trunion will be double stack.  You can look down into to opening and see, it easy to tell.  As for the demensions, here's the template I use.  Right click on the pic, then click on "print".  Check to make sure the template printed in the correct size by holding it next to your receiver, then you can mark and make the cuts.  I lay the template on the receiver, use a punch to mark the holes, drill them, then cut the rest out with a Dremel, it works perfectly.  Hope this helps-ARKAR.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top