Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2005 4:18:49 AM EDT
I just bought a krink kit M92, I need to get a extension for the bbl. my main question is this.............

Can I myself build a fake silencer but with no holes in it............. basically I want a silencer type extension but I dont want it to be friggin' 3 lbs. worth of metal. two tubes with welded on endcaps, get it..............?
I dont want to pay $150 for something I can build for nothing, my question is, is there a restriction on building a empty type silencer that is empty or is that a no-no?

I would be getting one tube for the bbl a threading it on, making a end-cap for one side welding it on, placing a larger tube over the smaller tube and welding it on, making the final end-cap welding it on then finishing it with gun-kote.

there would not be any holes in it or baffles, all gases will be going outward as intended. This is probably the most stupidist question I have ever posted but I dont want a BATF agent or LEO asking me why this is hollow and is this a silencer?
GO or NO-GO
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
yes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
you'll just have a big ass flash hider, no worries

Oh, and you may have deminished accuracy from the turbulence of the gases inside your big ass flash hider
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top