Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/18/2005 3:56:48 AM EDT
Hi,

I’m planning on having a Bulgarian AK-74/Krink metal folding stock installed on my rifle which has a Hungarian made, model “SK-100” receiver.  This receiver was imported by Arsenal USA.  

My question is, that when I look at the area where the rear trunnion and its “locking” and “unlocking” button would go, it appears that it’s in the same location where the serial number is... Which is the problem.

The serial number information is marked as “SER. # HS xxxxx” which is located on the right side, center rear area of the receiver along with “REC. FEG HUNGARY” and “MODEL SK-100” which are located right above the serial number.  The marking on this receiver is done by “dotting” the information into the metal verse stamping them in like on the SA-85M receivers, which were also made by FEG.

I hope that I’m wrong and that the folding stock can be installed without milling into the area where the serial number is located.  If I’m right, and this modification does obscure the serial number or a portion of it, could I, if possible, send the rifle back to Arsenal USA in Houston, TX and have them Move the serial number to the rear of the pistol grip since they are the importer/manufacturer of the receiver??

Would Arsenal USA even do this???  I heard nothing but positive things about them, but I’ve also read were they’re not taking on any “outside” work anymore.  Do you even “think” that they might do this??

I’m not too worried about the other “information”... Country of origin, model number, caliber and importer's info., since I was told that it can be moved to different locations on the receiver without any ATF violation(s)... As long as it's visible.  Please correct me if I’m wrong!!!

Has anybody completed this type modification on a SK-100 receiver??  Also, who does the best work, with a fairly quick turn around time on this type of folding stock installation??  

Thanks for the help and sorry for the long posting!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
THANKS!!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top