Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2005 7:34:27 PM EDT
A buddy of mine has a book about AK's and it list AMD 65's....it says that the black gray handled 65 are a later version and had threaded barrels so that they could launch granades....mine has the black gray handles......HMMMMMM could I be so lucky. Otherwise im still confused as to why the F#@$%n trunnion wont come off. In order to see if this is the case I still need to remove the sight block but I thought I would throw it out here first. What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#1]
the barrel is threaded at the muzzle only

it is pressed in the trunnion and pinned in

it it widely known that it is a complete BITCH to get the barrel pin out

soak it in Kroil for a few days and use a hydralic bench press to press the pin out

then there are several methods to press the barrel out of the trunnion

Your rear sight block is the trunnion, you shouldn't have to fool with the front sight block
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What do you think?

You are not sure what you are doing and that you were given bad advise...  Now, what I am curious is do you have a built rifle or a kit and are you trying to build the kit or just look at it?

I will have photos on how to build an AMD-65 up soon...  I am tagging this so I can add a link...  I am not quite done yet but darn if I aint getting closer!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The rear trunnion and the sight block are two separate units.....I dont want to beat it out if thier is a possibility that it wont press out becuase its threaded.  The Pens are out.

The entire kit was purchased by a buddy and the Puyallup fair while I was with him and he later sold it to me for $50.  Small investment..Ill just take my chances and beat the hell out of it so I dont have to keep looking at it...........NOT
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you....all the advise you've given sounds correct and I appriciate it....Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#5]
still don't know what you are trying to do...sorry for the confusion over the trunnion/sight block.  I just remember doing a build you don't have to mess with the sight block, it just comes out with the barrel when you press the barrel out after removing the barrel pin

and nothing in your picture has to do with threads or grenades
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
sofus sounds like your not to far away
im just outside portland
bring/ship it down to me and ill remove it for you
the amds can be some of the worst ive found to get apart
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top