Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/17/2005 5:44:30 PM EDT
I have one that I never get to shoot and am *considering* selling (please do not email me).

I am just trying to get a feel of whether it's worth my time and the money.

It's a 2003 SAR-1, I have personally refinished the wood that it came with, if that matters.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#1]
majority are a little under $450
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
majority are a little under $450

Wow, that much.  I saw a couple of used ones at a gunshow in Conroe, TX last weekend in the $350 range.  They may command higher prices in your area.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
They are getting a little harder to find, I figure you could pull that much but you would have to wait a few days for a taker
Most of the places I tend to look are gunsamerica and gunbroker, and they are always asking the higher end anyway
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold my SAR-1 to a dealer for $400!  Man was I shocked to have a dealer agree to pay $400 for it.  I had figured that somebody at the gun show would buy it for about $400, but never did I expect a dealer to pay my price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember the days when you could get a SAR-1 for $279.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
So what's the story, they are no longer imported?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Centry Arms got busted with a rifle shipment from Romania in the MediterraneanSea with no ship manifest...they stopped importing SARs after that IIRC, Mediterranean port authorities went ape shit
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So what's the story, they are no longer imported?

Yep, no longer imported. Seems the last year for them was 2003. I haven't seen any dated newer than that. They started coming in around 1999. Mine is a 2000 model & was a great buy for $300. I wouldn't pay the going prices for a SAR anymore though. A few dollars more you can get a much higher quality AK such as an Arsenal Inc/USA.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top