Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2005 2:52:27 PM EDT
I've been putting in some overtime for the last few weeks and finally had $400 saved back for my AK-74M's build fee, as I've already bought everything I need for it. Then I came home tonight to find a doctor bill for my wife totalling $363.

Oh well, it sure beats paying the $2016 that it was before my health insurance paid its share.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I know exactly what you mean.  I had $500 set aside for the fun show tomorrow and my car took a crap on me today.  Took $350 to get it fixed (at least they fixed it today so I can still get to the funshow).  It is funny how life throws a few curves at you now and again.  But look on the bright side, at least you have health care for your wife and hopefully she is doing well.  And in my case, at least I have a car to drive me around.  Gotta always put a positive spin on things or sometimes it can get you down.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#2]
i saved up 600$ for the funshow tomorrow. its already almost 8... only 12 hours away.. hope nothing bad happens in 12 hours

last gun show i went too i spent all my cash on guns then when i started up my car to leave my radiator fan broke off and destroyed the radiator and water pump. i was basically flat broke after buying all that crap. credit cards to the rescue!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to get a SLR105A1R...but I got to get new truck tires...265/70/R17s will run me about that price  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I know exactly what you mean.  I had $500 to go to the fun show awhile back and my brakes went out on my car.  Two rotors,brake hoses,pads and labor $414.  
There goes my gun show!

Only thing that makes it better ....at least I had the money for it and the brakes work great!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What's an SLR 105 going for nowadays? Been looking into one.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I hear ya!! I sometime feel fortunate when my hard saved gun/ammo money actually gets used for guns and ammo. Seems like my gun money always has to "come to the rescue".
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's an SLR 105 going for nowadays? Been looking into one.

$635 no ban
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I hear you too. Happens to me all the time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, it can't rain everyday....

Another way of looking at it is how lucky it was that you had that $400.00 when you did to take care of the Mrs.

These things have a way of going full circle M4, and that's not a bunch of sappy bullshit either. You're AK-74M will get done, just not how you expected it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I hide shit from my wife.......A whole new world opens up.

Any of you guys want to buy an engagement ring, pearl bracelet, Fox fur coat, Womens perscription sunglass, birth certificate and SS #.

I need one of Todds' Krink Kits on the EE  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I had 600 saved up this week for tomorrows funshow, then i was inveited to a poker game tonight, now i have 900 saved up for the funshow tomorrow, woohoo. McM
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Another way of looking at it is how lucky it was that you had that $400.00 when you did to take care of the Mrs.

I thought of that last night. It would have been a lot worse if I hadn't had the overtime and had to rake up that cash through normal channels. I thank God that I had the cash on hand for this unexpected bill.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top