Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:12:26 PM EDT
Ok I have a new WASR-10 I picked up to go with my mak-90. I want to put a folding stock on it, I am under the impression that either the E German or romanian wire folding stock go on with out any modification to a standard WASR-10.  I have leared that the E. German one mount to the sing tank on the rear of the trunion and then mount to the pistol grip nut hole.  Are the romanian ones the same way? I have been told that the stock are identical except for one uses a lever to operate it and the other uses a button. Is this true?  I have also searched high and low trying to find one of these things, does anyone know  a place that has them in stock.

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
A Romanian folder  just popped up on the EE a few minutes ago...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Shawn,Welcome To The Darkside!

Check the EE,both East German and Romanian sidefolders pop up from time to time.There are some slight differences between the Romy and EG folders,they both slip into the rear of the reciever like a full buttstock.The Romy has two mounting [machined]screws,the EG only has a machined screw,going into the tang but it also has a carriage that slides in and over the pistol grip nut.There is another slight difference in the angle of the wire strut,but its not really noticable unless both stocks are side by side.As you know,the Romy works from a button and the EG has a lever.I have one of each,mounted on two different AKs and they both do what they're meant to do.

Here you go,www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=123&t=296605
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Romanian's have either a lever or a pushbutton (there are both types), Romanian mounts with 5 mm machine screws through the two tang mounting holes.

The East German supposedly mounts with 1 machine screw through the tang and the pistol grip nut on the bottom.  

I like the pushbutton Romanian ones better.  They have a better feel at the shoulder to me.  The lever activated ones just have too much of a straight feel when the rifle is mounted at the shoulder.  This is just a personal preference.  

To put the stocks on your rifle should take just a couple of minutes unless you can't get the wood stock out of your rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy on the EE is also in SC, wants $80.00.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
i just saw that, But my wasr only has one tang on the top and not one on the bottom, will it still work? if so what will I have to do?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i just saw that, But my wasr only has one tang on the top and not one on the bottom, will it still work? if so what will I have to do?

Thats all you need,one screw through the tang,the other inside of the top cover about two inches forward of the other one.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Shawn,

What kind of AK do you have?

I sent you an email and a private message in response to your post.

Stephen
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, I just sent him a PM on it. So this on just bolts to that hole right in front of the hole that has the wood screw for the rear fixed stock?

Well thanks for the info and helping me out.

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Stephen,

I replied to your PM, I also live in Greenville, so we can just do this locally if you want.

and my gun is a WASR-10

Thanks,
Shawn
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I love a happy ending!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey guys thanks for all  your help, I go to get the stock today, Couldn't have worked out better than that.

Thanks,
Shawn
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top