Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 1:18:35 PM EDT
I'm thinking about it...  will Centerfire handpick carved kits from their dark bore piles?  Are the dark bores THAT BAD for a shooter?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm thinking about it...  will Centerfire handpick carved kits from their dark bore piles?  Are the dark bores THAT BAD for a shooter?

I don't know if CF will handpick, but with the dark bores, it's a crapshoot, especially since you can't
inspect the barrel first.

As you know, Yugo barrels weren't chromed, their ammo is corrosive, so the results are dark bores
which I've seen run the gamut of "Well, it was dark when I got it, but after some cleaning, it looks
great except for a few freckles"
to "I cleaned all the goo & crap out, and I can now see that I have
barely a hint of rifling left in the barrel."

It's worth a shot if you don't mind risking the $$ that it'd cost to send it back if you don't like it. I
personally bought my two Yugos from Bocefus, so unless somebody offers me a killer deal, I'm not
buying any more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking it might actually be worth it to pay for a handpicked, carved Yugo.  Leave the wear and steel wool the receiver to match.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm thinking it might actually be worth it to pay for a handpicked, carved Yugo.  Leave the wear and steel wool the receiver to match.

Go over to Gunsnet, and look up Bocefus. Drop him a line and see if he has any Yugos left. I don't
really know, but it's worth asking about.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a dark bore Yugo underfolder from Centerfire and the barrel was unsalvageable.  So I emailed them, they gave me a RA#, I sent it back, and they sent me a MUCH better one.  It is the first time I have ever felt the need to send anything back to Centerfire.  That being said, I would highly recommend Bocephus and his kits.  He is very particular about the quality of the stuff he sells, ships reasonably, and is one heck of a guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads-up.

Do any of you have his email addy?   If you do, IM or email it to me.  I'm not a member over there and can't get to his info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the heads-up.

Do any of you have his email addy?   If you do, IM or email it to me.  I'm not a member over there and can't get to his info.

IM sent with e-mail address.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Received.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the heads-up on Bocephus.  It looks like I will probably be purchasing a kit from him.  I might pick up a carved kit from Centerfire too!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top