Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 7:53:18 PM EDT
Just thought I would like to put a Romy on my SAR-1 or use the Yugo one on my Krink kit.......Do I have to swap out another part to be 922r compliant? If so any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Magazine followers and floor plates make an easy compliant part. Another option would be the US waffle magazine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Like the Pro-Mags or whatever? The ones that look like the Bulagrian waffles?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, but they really arent very good. I'd add a floorplate or a follower to each mag before i got any of the promag ones.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it have to be a follower and a floorplate,  or one or the other.

Then basically to be "politically correct" you have to only use those modded mags in the rifle right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does it have to be a follower and a floorplate,  or one or the other.

Either one, each count as one part.

Then basically to be "politically correct" you have to only use those modded mags in the rifle right?

Replace "politically correct" with legal, and yes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
gas piston
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:51:28 AM EDT
[#7]
SBR the Krink.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I want to SBR the Krink, and I know what I have to do to get the Form 1 thing rollin',  but is there anything negative about getting it done?  Like constant BATFE hassles or people being aloud to search your home at will?  Or is that just hype I've heard?

Also do you have to put a serial on the receiver for SBR?

Does 922r apply to my Krink when I get SBR done?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:37:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You mean your name and address(city, state) right?  Your receiver already has a serial number ( I hope...)

Once your gun is SBRed it's no longer considered a "sporting" firearm therefore 922r no longer applies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I put a red Romy on my SAR1. I replaced the rather plain looking, though laminated, forearm and hand guards with Ironwood Designs.com laminated units. A bit more expensive than followers and floor plates. But I can still use any AK mag I find.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah that's a good idea!!   Thanks.

On the SBR topic,  you have to put your address on the receiver?  Do the Armory USA receivers have serial numbers?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yeah that's a good idea!!   Thanks.

On the SBR topic,  you have to put your address on the receiver?

Usually owners will put their first initial, last name, city, and state. If you buy an SBR from a manufacturer, you don't need to engave anything. The maker of the SBR is the one whose info must be engraved on the receiver.

Do the Armory USA receivers have serial numbers?

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yeah I want to SBR the Krink, and I know what I have to do to get the Form 1 thing rollin',  but is there anything negative about getting it done?  Like constant BATFE hassles or people being aloud to search your home at will?  Or is that just hype I've heard?

In all honesty and not trying to bust balls, I REALLY was stuck trying to make that sentence make sense in my head as I read "aloud."  I had to reread the few words before, then go back further and restart at the beginning of the sentence before I realized...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah hahaha,  I think I was in a bit of a hurry then.  Good observation!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Use whatever pistol grip you want, then just make a tiny sticker that says "Made in USA" and put it on it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top