Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:49:56 AM EDT
I for one have received a LOT of help from this board but I have already said thanks for that. I want to thank the members of this board for being so great to the beginners that come here. It seems like everyone here understands how important beginners are to the survival of our interests and veiws. We have all been beginners once, and I'm sure we all remember those who helped us out when we were newbies and how greatfull are to them. This board gives off the same vibe of people helping people, and for that I say:

THANKS

I've been to other boards that Newbies are flamed just for asking the most basic of questions. They are told to "go look it up" or "use the seach button", like no one can take the 2 minutes to just answer the question. That doesn't happen here, and it's a refreshing thing to see.

Thanks fellas. Thanks for helping us newbies out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was about to ask you if you were in the right place, but then I realized this was the AK forum.

LOL!!!!! I was just gonna say...... You dont go to the other side often do you??????

ETA: This is one of the friendliest AK board on the net....They've put up with me for a pretty good while now......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed, lot's of nice folks here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:37:23 AM EDT
[#6]
LMAO!

That's it Krinkfreak...put me in my place!

Hey RS39, you are absolutely right. This board works as an ideal board does, newbies learning then taking on the job to pass the info on. Right on man.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]
If you feel really good about it,spend 20 bucks and become a "Team Member",it took me a long time to make the move,but its been well worth it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you feel really good about it,spend 20 bucks and become a "Team Member",it took me a long time to make the move,but its been well worth it.

Ole cheap skate......
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
The differnece is stark between how n00b questions are handled over here vs. on the AR side. The only thing that seems to get panties in a twist over here is a pic of an AK with AR shit on it...

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny, but that is what brought me here. One day I went to the "otherside" as I did every day. It was the SOS and I decided to click on the AK tab at the top for shits and grins. That was 3 months ago. I still have the 2 AR's I had before, but I now have an Arsenal SLR-105R A1 in the safe, one Tantal and one Polish underfolder being built, four more kits ready for builds (two Polish, two Romanian), and once the 15th hits I will place my order for a SEAK. A lot of that has to do with the nature of this board. I learned much more in 3 months here than I did in a year "over there". The Dark Side Rules.  Thanks to the Staff, Mods and Regulars.

Tint
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#13]
You are absolutely right JOHNO,

I didn't think the AR board was worth the $20.00 but this board is! I just sent in my payment.

You are correct Templar. The Harkonnen stench is everywhere I turn there. I should spill their waters upon the sand for being there.LOL!

I know of that gun katar. The one with the M4 stock on it right. Yup even if I'm not a hardcore AK guy I thought that thing was an abomination.

Dunno what you mean about dayjob RS, but yeah those seem to be a couple of hot topics there...that and the fact that whole Fragmentation/Velocity thing.

tintedtahoe, I hear you Bro. I have been fighting the urge to go apeshit on AK's since getting here and reading all the posts, but I have been practicing self restraint...at least till I get done with my 1st AK build. I have a strong feeling that the "Lay's Potato Chip" syndrome for AK's will kick in soon. (Can't have just one!!)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Dunno what you mean about dayjob RS, but yeah those seem to be a couple of hot topics there...that and the fact that whole Fragmentation/Velocity thing.

I think the AR side is a little too obsessed with the Fragmentation/Velocity thing too.
I mean it sounds like they're wanting to kill/maim the world.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Well Sheeet Templar, why didn't you say that in the first place?!?! LOL!

That your girl Temp? Lucky Bastard!

Tell you what, he Dad must be real proud too! And to top it all off she probably has several AK's aready and I'm still working on my first DAMMIT.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
And I dig Chicks with AKs!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No problem Atredies, glad to have you here.

BTW.......thought I saw some Harkonnens on the AR side of things............

Damn tim ..... you NEVER said that about me !!!
Is it because I NEVER sent you that bag of PENNIES ???

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You are absolutely right JOHNO,

I didn't think the AR board was worth the $20.00 but this board is! I just sent in my payment.

Welcome Aboard!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top