Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:22:49 AM EDT
I have been strongly considering getting an Arsenal SA M-7 R or SLR-107 A1 R to replace one of my VEPR's that I just sold. Yesterday I called my usual dealer to see if he stocked or could get one. At first I had to refresh his memory as to what Arsenal sells by giving him those two model numbers. He told me he did not like to deal with them due to all of the problems. I asked him to clarify what he meant by problems. He said mechanical, not availability. I am hoping that this guy was confusing the Arsenal products with the Century WASR-10's. Is that what is you guys think happening or does Arsenal have problems?

Has any one had any trouble with their Arsenal, and if so what and how was the customer service?

Also, what is the weight of the milled and stamped Arsenal AK's?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he was thinking of Global Trades in Houston instead of Arsenal in Vegas....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:04:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Maybe he was thinking of Global Trades in Houston instead of Arsenal in Vegas....

Thats what I'm thinking too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what I'm thinking too.

Big +2 on that.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Clue me in on Global Trades.

I'm thinking of getting a receiver and parts kit from them.

what's the deal??
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Global Trades is a good Company to do business with,there have just been a few issues with some of their Built Rifles.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Right..My folks live in Houston and I get my Dad to bring me stuff up all the time ..He is always treated well and gets what I want so I dont consider them a bad company at all..Just been a few issues with there built guns....Thats it..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Right..My folks live in Houston and I get my Dad to bring me stuff up all the time ..He is always treated well and gets what I want so I dont consider them a bad company at all..Just been a few issues with there built guns....Thats it..

What kind of stuff do you get? I'm about 8 miles from them and wanted to get a reciever from
them but I wasnt sure they would transfer there. I know they do at the shows.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Receivers are the only thing I havent bought from them...But I'm pretty sure Jimmy can fix you up right there...Eat a Whataburger for me, out of all the food down there I miss that the most...
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Global/Armory USA used to make great rifles.  In fact, I'm going to buy back a SSR-85C that was built on a Hungarian rx from my brother.  The rifle is a ban style I bought about 5 years ago.  Recent production rifles from them have been hit or miss or total POSs.  There is no way in hell that I would buy one of their new rifles (meaning one produce in the last 2 years) without throughly inspecting it.  I bought an AK underfolder from them after the ban ended that had a very canted FSB and a bolt that looked like it was imported from Afganastan.  They seem to build AKs from whatever parts they have laying around, meaning they will use Chi-com and Eastern European parts on the same rifle.  Not Good.  Having said all of this, their new production rxs seem to be the best on the market right now.  This is just MHO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Global Trades = Good parts, badly built rifles ...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I would stay far away from Global trades. I bought a SSR 85c2a about 2 months ago, took it home where I field stripped it and discovered rust all over the inside of the receiver! I sent it back to Global trades and was told that "we will correct the problem" by the owner Jim, and after over 2 weeks later I got the rifle back. I field stripped it, and again discovered rust in the receiver. I shipped it back to global trades again with a letter demanding a full refund ( which I got ). I ended up picking up a lightly used Arsenal SAM 7, and I'm very happy with it. Good luck!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top