Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2005 5:48:31 AM EDT
I have new AK bayos that kinda "fell off a truck" over here (here being Iraq).  They are still in the cosmo and most have the rubber thing and the frog.  All serial numbers on the blade cross guard match the scabbards.  Is there any interest in this, and if so what is a reasonable price to ask.  They are pristine, unissued and new!  Please advise.  I will post pics later.  They are from the former Iraqi regime, but I think originated in the Communist Blok.  Any advice would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#1]
How about a picture?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Chinese AK bayonet sheaths don't have the rubber insulator,we need more info;
1.Color
2.grip style
3.Blade style,hole for wirecutter?
4.pics would help alot

This may help you ID what you have,here are a few I have,most are battlefield pickups.
Hungarian
Romanian
East German
East German,early
North Korean
Soviet AKM,later style
Chinese,early
Czech VZ58
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Not trying to flame or bust your balls, but offer some friendly help.

The more important questions to ask-

1. Can you actually legally send them out? I hear all kinds of different stories.

2. Are you going to get yourself into trouble by "accidently" selling stolen property? Its one thing if you took them off insurgents or found them in the street.  Its another if you stole them from new rifles that were purchased for the new Iraqi Army. I dont care, and I am sure that most wont care, but some will.

Also, just be aware that you cannot send items thru the APO system for buisness purposes. MP Customs will investigate and make a big deal out of it... I found out the hard way.. Your friendly Military Postal clerk will think nothing of turning you in...

As for a price, it depends on the country of origin. Most bayonets are probably not worth the bother, as they sell very cheaply in the US.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
IM me if your going tp sell any I'M interested.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I shouldn't have said they fell off the back of a truck.  I just got done watching Goodfellas and I guess it kinda wore off on me.  They aren't stolen or anything like that, and I have no intention of selling them from here.  I will wait to get them home, if I even can.  I was just inquiring to see if its worth the trouble to even bother with them.  I asked for one and ended up getting about 15!  So if I can get them home I will indeed sell some of them.  Just wondering how much they're worth.  Like I said...just to see if its worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:23:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Here are some pics...

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:43:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen bring backs on gunbroker for 40-60 bucks. Since those are new, and were never used by anyone, i'd say they'd just be worth what any other bayo like that would be worth. 30 bucks or so, maybe 40. I'd take one at that price.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Those are Romanian.. They can be purchased from Inter Ordnance for like $15-20.

If it were me, I would not go thru the bother of bringing more then one or two back just for myself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If it were me, I would not go thru the bother of bringing more then one or two back just for myself.

or for members like clange who say they are worth $40-60 and offer up $30!!!  Fuckin'A!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Too risky I would say.  Now if it was some Bakelite 7.62 mags or something really rare I'd take the chance.  They look nice by the way!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

or for members like clange who say they are worth $40-60 and offer up $30!!!  Fuckin'A!!

I had no idea rommys were 15-20. I had seen them a few places for 30 or so, and like I said, there have been a number of bayos brought back from iraq that went for a premium just because some iraqi used it for awhile. I never said I would pay 40-60, thats getting into russian territory, but thats what they were listed at.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wanted to say those look really in good condition, and I wouldn't mind having one if the price was right....If you were able to work a deal where taking home a couple of hundred of them and making a decent profit from them it would seem to be quite profitable indeed, especially if you could aquire them at a really decent price..sortof like right place-right time senario.....It could be pretty shady too, if they were determined to be spoils of war it could get really bad for you....If everything is legit, that's annother story. Heep your eyes peeled and your head down! Good-Luck.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I agree there not worth that much money, not worth getting your ass into hot water over.

Just pick out the overall best 2 bayos in the group and bring em home. I doubt you would catch a ration of shit for that. ..

Be careful and thanks for you service.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top