Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2005 4:17:24 AM EDT
I would like to use one of these (the 7.5") on my Krinkov build, but I'm wondering what type of rear trunion I will have to use in order to make it owrk.

Stock

http://www.bhigear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1064

Adapter

http://www.bhigear.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1152

What trunion would you use? How is the adapter held in? Sorry for so many questions, but I really like this look but it is expensive, and I'd hate to buy the setup only to find out it don't work with MY trunion.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 4:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If you use the kit below, any standard AKM rear tang will work.  The kit will come with everything you need.  You would select.... SS (7.6") and "Cut the Tang".  Of course this kit will require that you cut the rear "leg" of the tang off  so you have a flush fit and so that the stock will fold.  I really like mine.  Fit and function is great.

www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=395  

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Hammer, how is the lock up on that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Lock-up is quite good.  Far better than I expected.  However, when the stock is extended (normal shooting position) you can "FORCE" some movement up and down but for normal use it's a tight fit system.  The movement appears to come from the lock-unlock pivot bolt, where the spring is recessed.

I think that it's probably tighter than any other folding stock available on the market today, including factory/military folders.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Hammer in PA:
Lock-up is quite good.  Far better than I expected.  However, when the stock is extended (normal shooting position) you can "FORCE" some movement up and down but for normal use it's a tight fit system.  The movement appears to come from the lock-unlock pivot bolt, where the spring is recessed.

I think that it's probably tighter than any other folding stock available on the market today, including factory/military folders.

does it lock when folded?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#5]
It locks in both the extended (of course) and the folded position.  You can also make it RH or LH fold depending on what you like.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:34:34 AM EDT
[#6]
That is the EXACT way I wanted my Krink to be setup Hammer, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

My kit came with an underfolder & trunion, but I am definately gonna start looking for a standard trunion right away! Thanks again!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Atreides, I tried to IM and email you, but you don't accept either of those. Anyway, I'm interested in your underfolder if the price is right------DIRTCHEAP!

[email protected]

OJF
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Tell ya what OJF,

Find me a source where I can get me a NEW standard rear trunion and I'll make you a deal. You'll need to be patient until I get ALL the parts I need in before I give up this underfolder, but once I do, I'll do it at a reasonable price.

Otherwise I'm stuck with it! LOL!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tell ya what OJF,

Find me a source where I can get me a NEW standard rear trunion and I'll make you a deal. You'll need to be patient until I get ALL the parts I need in before I give up this underfolder, but once I do, I'll do it at a reasonable price.

Otherwise I'm stuck with it! LOL!

take your pick
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Kami, but which one will work?

I figue I have to cut off the tang, but which one will fit my Krinkov build?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Got 2 of 'em and they are the BEST!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I just installed the "cut the tang" version on my WASR-10, and went shooting today. I was really watching for any movement in the folding mechanism after reading Hammer in PA’s post and didn’t notice any. I have the same model on my 870 and have never had a problem. I was unsure about which LOP to order so I ordered the longest and cut it down until I was comfortable. The two tubes are held together with a 1/8” roll pin, just drive it out, cut the stock to size, drill new holes and put the pin back in.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top