Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2005 10:02:53 PM EDT
There is probably a simple explanation but I have never heard it.Anyone know?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
As I understand it, when the Russkies switched from wooden stocks to polymer, they couldn't get the color perfectly black.

In reality, the color is supposed to be a very deep plum, almost black but not quite.

Whatever the reason, I think they look fruity. "Evil Purple Rifle" just doesn't roll off the tongue as does "Evil BLACK Rifle" (but better than 'evil dark cherry rifle')
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I only see them connected with the AK 74 and not the AK47 I wonder if it helps ID them from each other. I have a brown plastic  butt stock with rows of raised bumps on both sides of it that also has me wondering .
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
As I understand it, when the Russkies switched from wooden stocks to polymer, they couldn't get the color perfectly black.

In reality, the color is supposed to be a very deep plum, almost black but not quite.

Whatever the reason, I think they look fruity. "Evil Purple Rifle" just doesn't roll off the tongue as does "Evil BLACK Rifle" (but better than 'evil dark cherry rifle')

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I only see them connected with the AK 74 and not the AK47 I wonder if it helps ID them from each other. I have a brown plastic  butt stock with rows of raised bumps on both sides of it that also has me wondering .

The brown plastic with pimples is East German from the MPIKM,East German version of the AKM.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Plum looks good. Thats why!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I agree Plum looks good !!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:11:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... I think they look fruity. "Evil Purple Rifle" just doesn't roll off the tongue...

I don't know about that.  Bushmaster made purple rifles for several years
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, somehow black seems to be very hard to make...turned out to be too brittle. Like Templar said.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Took me a while to realize there was even a rifle in that picture!I think plum looks awesome.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top