Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2005 1:45:28 PM EDT
I did the trigger slap fix on my SAR-1 today.  Got It all back together and found that the hook wasn't catching the hammer axis pin.  That was 45 minutes down the drain.  Pulled it apart and switched pins.
The 2nd time around took 5 minutes.
How do you know if your Ak is going to slam fire and explode.  Maybe I should send it to VA to be tested bya professional first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
YES, there are FUCKING shepard hooks and +1 to darkest 2000's recommendation.  

www.redstararms.com
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
That's cheating, Darkest, and not authentic.  Just kidding, I can careless what others put in their arms.  I feel you pain LS2.  The first and the last time I decided to get brave and took out the FCG cost me about the same amount of time to put the hook back in.  It was to hand fit the safety for the RSA adjustable trigger.  Only that I had to do over and over again for about 5 times until I shaved off just enough material  off the safety to allow it to come up to the fully engaged position.  It was a good practice for me.  Toward the end there, it took me about a couple of minutes to put the hook back in.  Practice makes perfect, I guess.  LOL!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
When I decided to work on my SAR's trigger the first thing I did was order one of the RedStar plates. Then I got out the tools and worked the trigger. By the time I was happy with it the plate arrived. The shepard's hook is in my cleaning kit in the buttstock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
AFter pain and suffering I figured out an easy ass way to doit! Show me a picture of yours and I'll explain if its the same...
What I pretty much did was to slide it under the pin in the back of the receiver and then just install other one. Very very simple once you got the hang of it believe it or not. It took me about a day to figure it out since NO other methods worked...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
5/32 E clips  easy to install  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I use e-clips too after trying to fight with those springs!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AFter pain and suffering I figured out an easy ass way to doit! Show me a picture of yours and I'll explain if its the same...
What I pretty much did was to slide it under the pin in the back of the receiver and then just install other one. Very very simple once you got the hang of it believe it or not. It took me about a day to figure it out since NO other methods worked...

Why....why did I not think of this? It's so simple!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer the shepards hook to the Redstar arms hook as I was getting the trigger pins pivoting in the reciever with the plate and no movement with the hook.

And it  is pretty easy once you figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I have had difficulties in the past, but now its a snap.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I prefer the shepards hook to the Redstar arms hook as I was getting the trigger pins pivoting in the reciever with the plate and no movement with the hook.

And it  is pretty easy once you figure it out.

Yup, that is definitely one of the drawbacks to the plate.  If you're not stripping out the FCG all the time, then just deal with the rigors of reinstalling the hook.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#12]
E-clips are 15 cents each ace hardware. Easy to install it takes 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I see metric E clips on the EE is there a noticible difference in fit between the 5/32 E clips?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#14]
If you have your doubts on fit, just take a axis pin to the hardware store and try the clip out.  Be sure to take a pair of pliers with you.  The clip should not fall out at all and should be retained by its spring action.  

If you like the idea of the clip, get some.  3 clips will cost you less than 50 cents, but I would buy extras for the 'Oh crap, I lost one in the carpet' syndrome.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#15]
The other problem with RSA plates is that you can get the wrong ones and they are not marked.

I bought a couple and the first time I tried to install them, they broke.  Turns out they are for OOW receivers and won't work for an Armorys.

I have a better description for this thread - FU@KING RSA PLATES.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Harley,

Don't mean to flame you but if the receiver is within normal specs the RSA plate should work fine. Have one in a Bulgarian (that's Kazanlak Arsenal and not USA Arsenal) receiver and it works fine.

RSA offers the plates for both OOW and Armory receivers to accomodate both.

Regards

Bas
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top