Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:49:35 AM EDT
I was wondering what you all think of those 2 manufactures or whatever you call them? Like I noticed a Vulcan Armament V47 that looked pretty good on there website and I was wondering if there guns are worth buying. The one I liked was a V47 with green furnature and big muzzel brake for $500. And I noticed in my gun store a nice AK 47 with black furnature by Century Arms for $360.  I was just curious about those two because I might get one of those 2 for Christmas this year. Let me know what you all think.
"If you can't handle this like a normal assignment 007... Then 008 will replace you."   008
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#1]
it's it's a VUCLAN ARMS V47...........run forrest, run.....and keep running. VULCAN is just a new name for hesse......I would  buy the CENTURY then a pos vulcan. the CENTURY one may not look pretty, but it will work.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
it's it's a VUCLAN ARMS V47...........run forrest, run.....and keep running. VULCAN is just a new name for hesse......I would  buy the CENTURY then a pos vulcan. the CENTURY one may not look pretty, but it will work.  

Yup. I'd get a SAR-1 while they're still available and an extra barrel or two.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Vulcan is a new name for Hesse. Their guns are the Lorcin of the long-arms world.

If I had a choice between a free Vulcan V47 or buying a WASR-10, I'd buy the WASR-10 every single time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from them both and try to find at least a Vector. You might try Atlantic they may have something ...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my synthetic outfitted Vector 2 weeks ago.  It is my first AK.  Oh my GOD is it immaculate.  Stephanie, she runs the AK dept., is a real sweetheart to work with as well!!  You will NOT be dissapointed with a Vector!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#6]
What country does Century Arms get thee AK 47's at? Is it Russia, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Egypt, the late East Germany or somewhere else? Just curious so I will know about the quality then. Because I am trying to keep it under 400 so my parents can afford it when they get it for me for Christmas or my 21st Birthday a week before.hug.gif Can't hardly wait to get one when December rolls around. Then maybe someday next year I will get my next Assult Rifle a AR15 from Bushmaster o Armaliteor Olympic Arms."If can't handl this like a normal assignment 007... Then 008 will replace you." 008
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
If I am not mistaken, Century uses Romanian Kits.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#8]
CENTURY AKs, are all romanians, the last time they imported another flavor of AKs, was from egyptian  (MISRs), back in the mid 90s
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top