Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:49:39 PM EDT
I got a Wasr 10 with a dragonov stock. It's a hi cap model, with the G2 trigger group in it.
This is all the way it came to me, no changes by me yet.

I want to ditch the dragonov stock and go pistol grip and standard stock.

1) Do I need to worry about compliance parts if I do this? (IE, they have to be US parts, or I have to add even more US parts, etc)

2) I removed both screws from the rear stock mount/trunnion, but the damn stock still wont come of. Am I missing something or is it just that damn tight?

Thanks for the help, I know the experts here can steer me right....
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
1) Yes. The FCG gets you 3, you need 2 more.
2) If you took out both top screws, that should be it. Probably just tight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I thought, I was going to go US parts for the grip and the stock, so I should be good to go then.

Damn that stock is tight. They must have pounded it in with a friggin sledgehammer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the one from Dunhams's Sport?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's what I thought, I was going to go US parts for the grip and the stock, so I should be good to go then.

Damn that stock is tight. They must have pounded it in with a friggin sledgehammer.

You can pry it out with a flat head screw driver on the end of the stock that is in the receiver by using the rear tang as the pivot point.  Just go slow and gentle and it should pop right out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can pry it out with a flat head screw driver on the end of the stock that is in the receiver by using the rear tang as the pivot point.  Just go slow and gentle and it should pop right out.

Works like a charm. Thats what I have done with my Romanian stocks. Take your time and be patient.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I'm tryin this but the wood is so damn soft the screwdriver blade chews right into the wood.
Still trying nice and slow, though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top