Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/8/2005 5:33:25 PM EDT
Man I got hit with the black rifle disease real bad.  Starting to itch all over.  I dropped about $2500 on a new M4 w/ ACOG and ammo, accessories, bags, etc.  

Now down the road I would like to get an AK.  It seems like the formentioned AKs are top quality and only about $100 or so seperates them.

I see that Arsenal makes and uses their own forged receivers, but I don't know much about the VEPRs.  Just what is on their website.
Can you guys teach me something about these 2 firearms and what do you think is better?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both. The short barrel VEPR and a new SAM7 carbine I just bought.

Of the two I shoot the VEPR more. Just a great gun.

I would most definately ask do you intend to do anything IE put a new stock set on your ak or add a bayo??
If so the Arsenal is the way you want to go. The VEPR is made for nothing but shooting. It is very accurate and very well made....but so is the sam7.

I would say you should start out with an arsenal. Milled reciever, great finish, threaded barrel, bayo lug. all the nice things you want on an AK.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No doubt about it THE SA-M 7  !!!
fit and finish is like a high quality AR .......

If you get a vepr k just hope that nothing breaks .
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Now, Read This

Now what does your gut say??

Sorry Guys for dragging my Pics Out...again. Seeing is Believing !
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Get both!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I am stuck on the same question also.  For my next AK i was thinking about the VEPR K or the SAM 7 carbine.  I still couldn't make up my mind.

The price difference seems to be an factor for me (or i would just get both!he

i am leaning towards the VEPR K, because its based on the RPK receiver with a beefier front trunion than the Arsenal ak's......but the down side is that you end up with a bastard AK/RPK/???...and repalcement parts are no where to be found.....

I have heard nothing but good feed back on how beefie and accurate the VEPR's are.....i am wondering, all the 7.62 Arsenal owners out there, what kind of grouping are you guys getting?

i need help on this too
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]
If and when I do get one, I don't plan on putting a scope on it or changing out the furniture.  It looks like the SAM7 Carbine is the way to go!  Off to the gun store

Ya right, maybe sometime after Christmas, just can't get over how much I spent on my M4 and I want to get more stuff for it.

I think I am going to call the CDC and tell them I have the Black Rifle Disease, maybe they have a cure for it.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Arsenal
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:23:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am stuck on the same question also.  For my next AK i was thinking about the VEPR K or the SAM 7 carbine.  I still couldn't make up my mind.

The price difference seems to be an factor for me (or i would just get both!)

VEPR K w/ muzzle brake goes for around 550-600

Arsenal SAM 7 carbine goes for around 650-700  

BUT..........Unlike the VEPR K, the SAM7 carbine does not have a side scope mount......and the price for an Arsenal rifle with an side rail goes for 800+

i am leaning towards the VEPR K, because its based on the RPK receiver with a beefier front trunion than the Arsenal ak's......but the down side is that you end up with a bastard AK/RPK/???...and repalcement parts are no where to be found.....

I have heard nothing but good feed back on how beefie and accurate the VEPR's are.....i am wondering, all the 7.62 Arsenal owners out there, what kind of grouping are you guys getting?

i need help on this too

I have the SAM7 SF R witha Kobra sight. I love it. Using WOLF ammo I fired 40 rds into the head of a silouette at 50 yards all inside the 5 ring. I was firing 3 shot  rapid bursts. Even though I was the only one on the range, the range master got pissed off about the rapid fire. He was late in warning me because I was already finished shooting.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:15:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I own a Vepr K and a SLR 101 (sam 7 for the poorer of us) and love them both THe Vepr is the more accurate of these 2 rifles  but you would not be dissapointed with either weapon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The price difference seems to be an factor for me (or i would just get both!)

VEPR K w/ muzzle brake goes for around 550-600

Arsenal SAM 7 carbine goes for around 650-700  

BUT..........Unlike the VEPR K, the SAM7 carbine does not have a side scope mount......and the price for an Arsenal rifle with an side rail goes for 800+

i need help on this too

I ordered an extractor, extractor pivot pin and a firing pin directly from Robinson Armament
they have a listing on there website for replacement parts take a look.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Funny%20stuff/Vader.jpg

+1

Yes Sir, buy Arsenal

img359.imageshack.us/img359/2776/dsc010463ai.jpg

DAMN that's a clean truck bed!!!!

Thats right, you should see the rest of it, looks better then new when I bought it 01 Dodge.

When I spend money I take care of my things.

Like my Arsenal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I have both.  I like my Arsenal better.  It is lighter than the VEPR-II and it looks more like the traditional AK.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Funny%20stuff/Vader.jpg

+1

Yes Sir, buy Arsenal

img359.imageshack.us/img359/2776/dsc010463ai.jpg

DAMN that's a clean truck bed!!!!

Thats right, you should see the rest of it, looks better then new when I bought it 01 Dodge.

When I spend money I take care of my things.

Like my Arsenal.

Kinda OT, but I just bought a new Toyota Tacoma. And God!! I love that truck. It has a composite bed liner that's super strong, I got the grey intertior and super white paint.
I'm a clean freak about the inside of it too. The bed looks the same whether dirty or clean so it's no hassle to keep it clean.

Nice to see a painted bed, now adays so  many people have liners put in. I remember when people took care of thier paint jobs in the bed of thier truck. And yours is a prime example.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I own a Vepr K and I like it, but my next AK is going to be an Arsenal milled. I believe they are the two best made AK's out there today. It just depends on what you want in each rifle to determine which is "better". They are both great IMO.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for all the info guys......

and after much review........i am thinking about.....buying bothi really like that SAM 7 SF.....but they are a bit costly.......for that price you can buy two VEPR k's
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:31:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img146.imageshack.us/img146/9955/zoom22nk.jpg
img194.imageshack.us/img194/892/10707923ei.jpg
img194.imageshack.us/img194/6194/fcg3bx.jpg
img194.imageshack.us/img194/9516/flash3sm.jpg
img194.imageshack.us/img194/312/sam72d5xi.jpg

Now, Read This

Now what does your gut say??

Sorry Guys for dragging my Pics Out...again. Seeing is Believing !

You still did not cleane your floor yet !!!

That is Oil based paint, I  share the laundry room/pantry/mud room.
The rest of the house is like a hospital
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

??? What is gonna break that you can't replace with standard AK parts? (other than the furniture)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I actually traded one of the members here a SAM7 Carbine for a 5.56mm VEPR K. Before I get crucified let me explain that I already had a SAM7S as well so that's why I traded the Carbine.

That being said, the SAM7 Carbine was sweet. The VEPR is very heavy but it is extremely accurate. I have never fired a 7.62x39mm VEPR though, so can't comment on it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

??? What is gonna break that you can't replace with standard AK parts? (other than the furniture)

Do some reading !!!!
I've read different ....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top