Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 9:04:05 AM EDT
I recently purchased a wsar 10 at a gun show it shoots fine with the supplied 20 round magazines, but when I attempt to place a 30 round mag it will not rock in place unless the bolt is pulled back and then when the bolt is released it cahes the mag. Has anyone had this problem before. I am fairly new to ak's being a ar guy Im also new to this site so i hope i posted this correctly thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
How many 30 rd mags (different ones) have you tried?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
2 romanian 30 rd mags and one 10 round mag with the same result. The 20 rd mags lock in vary tight but work.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I would also like to say that the 30 round mags work in my fathers sar 1 and a friends wsar 10 just not in my wsar 1
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thinking about the mag problem i removed the receiver cover and cycled the action the magazine is being cought on the bolt carrier on the side as it comes foward stoping all movement. Could this mean that the receiver is incorrect or mabe the bolt carrier thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
That gun was modified from lo-cap to hi-cap magazines. They enlarged the magazine well on the receiver.
The distance between your magazine catch and the bottom of the receiver is not right. (Most likely)
They could have drilled the trunion too deep if they modified that.
The mag catch can be reduced some by filing on the part that catches.
If the mag opening of the trunion is overdrilled then you have a much more serious issue. The only repair I can think of there is welding on it to build it up and then redrill (dremel)
Does the mag fit extremely tight?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
yes they fit in very tight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
You could try drifting up the rails on both sides with a hammer and brass punch...that would make the bolt go upward slightly...I wouldn't go hammering the shit out of them, because they are spot welded in there.....just a suggestion, I had to do that with my WASR-10 to smooth out the action...Good-Luck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks for the advice im going to give these suggestions a try and see what comes of it
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I finaly fixed the problem about 10pm last night. Ita was a combination of the mag latch being to tight and the receiver being bent in slightly under the latch. After a fair amount of effert i was able to straiten the reciever and shave a little of the latch. I alwayse thought the seet metal receiver of a ak would be easy to bend or dent. i was wrong. Found a new respect for the shet metal receiver.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Man, I'm glad you were able to fix your problem!! Alot of these rifles seem to have a few little problems that need to be corrected, but once that's done they seem to fire everytime afterward...since I tweaked mine a little, it seems to run like a champ...congrats on your repair, and welcome to the darkside!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top