Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:26:00 PM EDT
I have a guy who wanted to buy my AK but who couldn't register on a gun auction site due to a technical email issue.  So he had his friend (under the friend's account) click the 'buy it now' and put me in touch with the buyer.  The actual buyer is sending the funds to me and the FFL to my dealer.  Neither is here yet but I talked to the actual buyer and he seems legit.  Do you guys see any problems with this if the FFL and funds he sends are valid?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Just check the FFL on the BATFEs site and if it's valid then I would have no problem sending the rifle to the FFL for transfer.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a guy who wanted to buy my AK but who couldn't register on a gun auction site due to a technical email issue.  So he had his friend (under the friend's account) click the 'buy it now' and put me in touch with the buyer.  The actual buyer is sending the funds to me and the FFL to my dealer.  Neither is here yet but I talked to the actual buyer and he seems legit.  Do you guys see any problems with this if the FFL and funds he sends are valid?

No, he couldtn register on a sight, not abig deal.  Some sights dont let you register with an AOL/Yahoo/Hotmail account.  Could be a number of reasons he couldtn register.

As long as he checks out, you get a real FFL, and real money, who cares.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
there is nothing wrong with that.......you are selling it to the person who you are in contact with, so just make sure that the FFL holder you are sending it to is legit, by getting his first few and last few digits of his licence number and plug it into the ATF E-Z CHECK website
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top