Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/7/2005 10:01:31 AM EDT
What receiver thickness are the Vector arms underfolders ? and i have heard that certain early receivers like the Ohio Ord. are not as good or vice versa. the Vector I have is marked ITM Arms Co. Cleveland, Ohio. Can some one give me the low down and education on all this ? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What receiver thickness are the Vector arms underfolders ? and i have heard that certain early receivers like the Ohio Ord. are not as good or vice versa. the Vector I have is marked ITM Arms Co. Cleveland, Ohio. Can some one give me the low down and education on all this ? Thanks in advance.

Thats an OOW receiver, and IIRC they are slightly thicker than 1mm.

Most of the issues with them are build related, so if its was built right and functions right then no worries. The other issue is they are not fully heat treated. Nothing you can do about that now, but i doubt you'll ever wear it out regardless.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
OOW receivers on the average are about 1.2 mm thick.......and there is nothing wrong with them.

the rumor I have read is that VECTOR made some with  jokin' receivers, but they stopped, and went back to OOW.........I don't know if it's true or not, but that is the rumor I have read
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top