Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:09:46 AM EDT
Guys I was just wanting to pass the word that REDSTAR from Gunsnet has passed away. I know there's friction between alot of members but I truely think he was a good guy. He came here once and tried to patch up some things or at least offerd a truce.. Please don't bash this thread.  He was 42 and an AK Holic, just like us... Its posted in there General discusion forum. It seems he had a tumor and it took him . 42 isn't old at all. Im not a Gunsnet fan overall but there are good folks over there if you weed through the Yahoo's.. I think he was one of them. WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
That's too bad.  Sorry to here we lost another AK brother.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Belive it or not he is my brother in law. I got the terrible job of selling off his collection. Any help I can get in Colo Sprigs would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
He was an OK Guy when I used to post over there. Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Belive it or not he is my brother in law. I got the terrible job of selling off his collection. Any help I can get in Colo Sprigs would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for your loss jcncc. I seem to remember him trying to make peace. He did seem like a genuine good guy.

You might try IM'ing Circuits here. He's a dealer, well, more of a black rifle gunsmith, in the Springs. Also you might make a plea on the Colorado AR15 Shooter's Site. There are plenty of regular guys there that live in Colo. Springs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear it....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I shall edit my post, to be  more "sensitive" ............R.I.P redstar. there, better?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I find it ironic that once a person dies, everybody has to say something good about them.

Except you?  

My condolences, jcncc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I find it ironic that once a person dies, everybody has to say something good about them.

Knowing how he acted on the internet I was thinking the same thing.

But in respect for the people who probably really loved him, new him, and liked him beyond this little world of 1's and 0's you keep that shit to yourself  .  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You could always list them o the EE.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I shall edit my post, to be  more "sensitive" ............R.I.P redstar. there, better?

Nice.

This isn't a Michael Moore kicking the bucket. Despite whatever crap went on between Dthor and this board, I knew Rick personally and he was honorable, kind and helpful. He was a genuinely nice person and an asset to the AK community, no matter where he hung his hat.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the kind words. Luckily since the word about his passing has gotten out his widow has received many generous offers for help. One question is there a price guide to old AK and SKS type wepons?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the kind words. Luckily since the word about his passing has gotten out his widow has received many generous offers for help. One question is there a price guide to old AK and SKS type wepons?

Stalk the sale boards, email a few regulars you trust for both info and discretion (last thing you need is clamoring at the gates before you make careful decisions), take your time.

+1, do it with care.

A great tool for finding value of guns is by signing up to Gunbroker.com (an internet auction site for guns). Once a member there, you can search "completed" auctions for a particular gun. You can see, that way, what it sold for, its condition and the terms by which it sold. It's invaluable for seeing what true market is on a weapon.

You might consider using gunbroker to auction off his guns, piecemeal. You will not find a more lucrative way of selling them. Start with no reserve, low start price, and provide ample pictures and description (to the best of your ablility). Trust me, if you do this the guns will sell for every penny of what they're worth with multiple bids.

If you need help with this, please contact me. I knew Rick well, and thought the world of  him. I'd be glad to help out with this if it benefits his family.

-Craig
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
 He will be missed! One of the good guys on the boards. He even bought one of my SKS's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
My condolences.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Thats terrible, RIP brother.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#18]
My condolences.  RIP REDSTAR.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Knowing how he acted on the internet I was thinking the same thing.

But in respect for the people who probably really loved him, new him, and liked him beyond this little world of 1's and 0's you keep that shit to yourself  .  

+1 - this is not the time for that......I didn't know REDSTAR, but my condolences and prayers to his family.

Tint
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top