Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2005 7:09:27 PM EDT
What is the best plastic AK furniture?

What do you guys use?  What do you like?  Whats on your gun right now?

The screws on my wood stock seem to be striping out, I thought I would  replace the stock with a plastic set.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm poor so I'm going with Bakelite for now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:27:25 AM EDT
[#3]
For the $$$$ the fugly brown East German furniture is hard to beat.  Northridge has <had?> EG stock sets for under $30 last time I looked.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:14:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Dace,I've gotta +1 on K-Var,if you go this route,be sure to order the screws too,the original wood screws are a bitch in polymer stocks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.k-var.com/images/AK-001BUS.jpg

www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=270&1=271&3=66

The one and only K-var

Awesome, thanks guys, I will be ordering a set.  I appreciate the help.

Edit:  I just want to make sure, that stock set will fit an AK-47 varient correct?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:54:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is the best plastic AK furniture?

What do you guys use?  What do you like?  Whats on your gun right now?

The screws on my wood stock seem to be striping out, I thought I would  replace the stock with a plastic set.

check this
www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

whoooops, PLASTIC doh!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:28:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Awesome, thanks guys, I will be ordering a set.  I appreciate the help.

Edit:  I just want to make sure, that stock set will fit an AK-47 varient correct?

Yep.  They have various models for different receiver types.  Go to their website and pick the one that matches your receiver.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi folks, my first post here. Two questions - is the plastic buttstock easier to install than the wooden one? I have a Romanian wire folder on my WASR but on a whim, I refinished the wooden buttstock and put it back in - it was as difficult to remove as it was the first time. Luckily I have that big rubber mallet.  :)
Also - do the East German synthetic sets sold by Northridge fit on the WASR-style receiver? They are indeed so fugly I just might have to try them. Thanks for reading, nice to be here, great website and forum.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome default!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an OD Green K-Var stock set for sale in the EE right now. Look for the ad that starts w/ "Cleaning Out the Basement".

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome To The Dark Side default!

The wood and even laminated buttstocks,seem to swell a little and can be a bitch to remove.Depending on how tight your reciever is,the polymer stocks can also be tight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#13]
KVar for sure
I have their stockset on most of my AKs.

I like the shorter buttstock myself.

Warsaw Pact length is shorter

NATO length is longer

Vemon's Delrin pieces are heavy, be warned.
I have their handguard on one of my Krinks and it is nice. Heavy though.

What are you going to put it on?

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay, so I might march to a different drummer:  I like the AR M9 stocks on my M5S.  The cheek weld is absolutely perfect for me and the LOP is spot on.  I also like my Wieger sets.  Haven't put them on anything yet as they're still in the original wraps, but I just love the looks.  If only KVAR would make US Wiegers here.  Of course, they'd have to offer a combo front sight housing gas block to work with it and to be even more correct, they'd have to reproduce the Wieger flash hider.  Nah, ain't gonna happen, no matter how popular 5.56mm Aks get.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:48:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the words of welcome and info. I ordered the East German set from Northridge. Instead of prettifying my WASR, now I'm trying to make it even more clunky and WarPac. My box of mothballed AK furniture gets ever fuller.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top