Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:43:14 AM EDT
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=36546148

Is this legal to ship here from germany? Has anyone had any experience with one of these. Looks pretty neat......

*edited to hotlink*
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
the rifle appears to be in a "sporting configuration" which would mean it can be imported, but without some hefty ATF paperwork and approval, if you want it bad enough...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Those guns are quite collectable on the German market, but they do have the 3rd (aka machine gun) hole....

Even if they had a semi receiver, they still accept a standard AK magazine, which is a no go for imports.

There are other versions other there with a thumbhole stock as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#6]
If I remember correctly, at least a few years ago, MG receivers were legal in Germany.  They went off the final configuration rather than just one part.  Those receivers cannot be imported by the general public.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If I remember correctly, at least a few years ago, MG receivers were legal in Germany.  They went off the final configuration rather than just one part.  Those receivers cannot be imported by the general public.

Still like that..

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think I see a third pin in the receiver.

Oops, didn't notice the third pin hole, in that case...no.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
wow, I didnt even notice that third hole. I would have to say there is no way in hell that things is getting to the US legally.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
wow, I didnt even notice that third hole. I would have to say there is no way in hell that things is getting to the US legally.....

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think I see a third pin in the receiver.

Oops, didn't notice the third pin hole, in that case...no.

Even without the third hole it would be illegal for importation like stottman said. Any rifle that accepts a regular AK mag is banned from import.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#12]
" This is due to precicion aspects, that the engineers wanted to acheive"

What the hell does that mean ?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The safety sear is a great thing to have in a semiautomatic firearm... (real SVD has it as you know).
It very well still could be in this model; in which case it is the disconnector that would be ground down...
But, yea telling the ATF "well the German engineers made it a safe hunting rifle" is like telling the Judge, "but your honor, she told me she was 18!!!"

-C
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Ahhhhhhhh that's it........

[Turkish] Zie Germans [/Turkish]

The first time I read it, I got kind of the "It can't because we said so" vibe..........realize now the from another country thang.......

I kinda dig it, East Germany's answer to the Norinco Hunter.......kinda sorta...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#16]

It very well still could be in this model; in which case it is the disconnector that would be ground down...

Yep. AFAIK with a semi disconnector, all the auto sear would do is make sure its in battery before firing, hence the 'safety' language.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top