Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:00:09 AM EDT
I received my PSL two weeks ago and I'm not impressed with the finish nearly as much as I am with it's accuracy. But I knew it would be ugly, so I'm not at all surprised or dissapointed. But now I'm looking at refinishing options for both the wood and metal. I guess I'll just have it parkerized (after smoothing out the rough edges), but if you guys have any other suggestions or pictures of other finishes, let me know.

As for the wood, what do you strip it with and what can I use to duplicate a Russian style red finish?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
one of these days mine is going to Newton for a full job.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is shown on jnewt's website.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, guys. About that recipe for the Russian red...does that use the powder Rit dye? What about the liquid stuff? Is there any reason I can't get a test piece or wood, mix the yellow, brown, and scarlet liquid Rit dyes 'till I get what I want, and use that? Seems like it would save a step or two.

Has anyone gotten the 'remains' of the bayo lug removed? That ring's pretty useless without the lug on it, I was thinking about getting rid of it. Or having a bayo lug attached, is that legal? I'm a toolmaker and could easily make a bayo lug and have it welded on. That's a minor thing though, as I'm mainly into refinishing it. Anyone have the gun polished before parking?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Jnewt, if you read this....that is a thing of absolute beauty. What did that cost? How would I go about having that done and what would be the turnaround time?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top