Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2005 1:12:48 PM EDT
How much of a difference does the slant brake make compared to an AK without the brake?  I am new to AKs and just wondering if it is worth the extra money to get a slant brake.  Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Its spelled BRAKE.  That said, theres no real effect that I've noticed in semi auto.  Its on there for full auto.  Really helps complete the look though.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had the pleasure to fire a brake-less AK, a Slant, and a '74 style brake in the same day. It's my opinion that the Slant & '74 style brakes allow faster follow-up shots. The '74 style brake reduces general recoil considerably while also increasing the report. If you want to make your rifle look authentic and some reduction of muzzle rise, get a slant brake. If you want a great improvement on recoil & muzzle rise, get the '74 style brake. I would if I hadn't already bought a slant brake, and I wasn't going for the smallest legal rifle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a nut on my romy and went to a slant brake while at the range one day and noticed a huge difference.  Never knew they did so much till I tested back to back.  If you are shooting from a rest or something then its no real difference, but standing up it allows for tons quicker follow-ups.  I could only imagine on full auto...  Dont see how it could be very practical without a brake.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a slant on my SAR-1 and it made a big difference when I was standing and shooting...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
When I shoot my SAM7 Carbine I notice a big difference without the brake on. My Vector underfolder has a slant brake and seems a little more controllable with it.

You can always buy surplus slant brakes they aren't that much money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Slant brake is $15 @ Brownells. US Manufactured.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Slant brake is $15 @ Brownells. US Manufactured.

That drops to around 9 bucks with my C&R license  Man do they give you a great deal with  your C&R
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top