Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2005 8:28:35 AM EDT
Hoping you gents can help me out.  My son, under the name 'Ajerbullets' used to post here all the time.  He was an absolute AK junkie who over time ended up with an SAR-1, a Krebs built AK74, an AK103 build and lastly a Polish underfolder build.

He lived and breathed AKs and I picked up a little bit of the lingo from him.  Andy was killed in a car wreck a little over a week ago.  While I no longer have my son, I now have his AKs.  He had his 74 and 47 underfolder in the trunk on the day of the accident as he was coming back from doing some shooting with some friends up north..  The 74 came through without a scratch, but some kind of liquid was sprayed over the metal on the 47 underfolder that ruined the finish.

I don't know if it sounds strange, but for some reason I feel it important to get that Polish underfolder refinished as Andy would never have let it be in anything but the best possible condition.  He spent so much time taking care of his AKs I sometimes wondered if he slept with the things.

Are there companies that will refinish the gun for me?  If so, what kind of cost would I be looking at  and what would need to be sent to them to get it done?  I don't imagine that I'd be sending any of the internals along with, but does the rest go including the wood work?

I guess it's goofy to be thinking about this stuff so soon after Andy is gone, but his AKs meant that much to him and I feel like I owe it to him to keep them up to his standards.  Needless to say I wouldn't ever part with them.

Guess I'll have to do a bit of learning about them too

Dan
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear about your son. I didnt know him but I hate hear about some one going in a bad way. I am sure he was a great person being part of this site. And your not being crazy, your being sensible doing what he would want you to do. Do not mourn his death, but celebrate his life. As you are in a way by taking care of his AKs. Who knows maybe you will pick up his love for them and in that way he will always be with you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I am truly sorry for your loss to lose a child is more painful than losing any other.

Also I'm sure he is very proud you are going to take care of his rifles and honor his memory in doing so.

There are many a good person out there who can refinish the rifle one who I have had good luck with is BIG50 (480)266-9465, I'm sure there are others that might be closer.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about this.  God Bless your son and God Bless you.

Max
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Best wishes to you and yours at your time of reflection...  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Dan, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I'd never had direct contact with him, but I remember seeing his screen name on here various times. But if he was a fellow "gun nut", then he was a friend of mine just the same.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Dan,Contact Troy Sellars at In Range,I was under the impression he was going to re-finish the underfolder.
BTW,Welcome To The Dark Side I'm sure Ajerbullets would be proud.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It also says that the cost of having it re-finished,has been taken care of.If not,let me know,I'll help.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top