Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2005 8:28:35 AM EDT
Every time I see this I only see that the gas tube wood is laminated.  Do they really "laminate" the whole stock set?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]
All the Romanian kits coming into the country are all laminated furniture.  Well at least all of mine were all laminated except for the upper handguard.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Every time I see this I only see that the gas tube wood is laminated.  Do they really "laminate" the whole stock set?

laminate refers to the type of wood (or "fake wood" in this case) used in the making of the stockset itself.

i believe the romainian stocks are shellac'ed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

laminate refers to the type of wood (or "fake wood" in this case) used in the making of the stockset itself.

basicly plywood, correct?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

basicly plywood, correct?

im no expert, but yes, i believe it is similar to plywood. glued pieces of wood.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Templar,

Beautiful gun.........but can you give me a litte more info on the rug? I've never seen one like it, and must have one!

Tint
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Templar,

Beautiful gun.........but can you give me a litte more info on the rug? I've never seen one like it, and must have one!

Tint

The rug appears to be a reproduction of an Afghani rug from the 80's when the Soviets were occupying their country. It shows imagery from their daily lives. Or atleast that is my understanding.

Oh, BTW, anybody want to buy my lamenated stock set?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:23:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Templar,

Tint

The rug appears to be a reproduction of an Afghani rug from the 80's when the Soviets were occupying their country. It shows imagery from their daily lives. Or atleast that is my understanding.

Here is more info:

Afghan War Rugs
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
That rug is really cool!  Damn Templar - give us the scoop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/RangeDay08-07-05001.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20Classic/RangeDay08-07-05003.jpg

What brand of AK is that and where can I get one?

I believe it's an Arsenal "Classic" with Polish laminated stock set.  I've got one just like it.  They're beautiful rifles.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Its an Afghan war rug...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Templar,

Tint

Here is more info:

Afghan War Rugs

Ohhhh, Too cool. Thanks Sundance and Templar. Ya know......some of us collect more than guns

Tint
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top