Posted: 9/3/2005 7:52:01 AM EDT
Does ARSENAL sell replacement parts?

I want to replace a bolt carrier and would prefer the genuine part
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Arsenal Inc. and K-Var are basically the same people.  Arsenal only sells finished rifles, but the parts are from K-Var so you can get a Bulgarian bolt carrier from www.k-var.com.

Hmmm....

Learn something new everyday here.

Thanks Templar!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, why do you need to replace your bolt carrier?  Is it broke or damaged in some way?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just curious, why do you need to replace your bolt carrier?  Is it broke or damaged in some way?

actually yes (it was damaged)

I sold the gun and even though I double-boxed it, the handle protruded through and was "scrubbed up."

I was thinking of giving the buyer a new one - even though he has said it isn't necessary.

However, @ $79, I am now thinking it over a bit more skeptically
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
That'll buff right out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I sold the gun and even though I double-boxed it, the handle protruded through and was "scrubbed up."

I was thinking of giving the buyer a new one - even though he has said it isn't necessary.

Damged during shipping? Shipping insurance?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damged during shipping? Shipping insurance?

Worthless... I had a Unfired Poly Legend that got scratched to shit by UPS, and they did nothing, unless I wanted to send the rifle back to the shipper..
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damaged during shipping? Shipping insurance?

Yes I insured it - plus some

Buyer waved it off though saying it wasn't worth the hassle.

I was going to simply send him a new BC - but based on the purchase price - it doesn't warrant it - especially since he doesn't seem to mind.

Good thing to know about UPS insurance Coltshorty14.

Pisses me off when companies fail to honor or give an unreasonable runaround to warranty or insurance claims

Kind of like "mail-in rebates"
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top