BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 8:49:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a link for that?   I told people here at work that she would backtrack from her order "to shoot to kill".

I knew it, PUSSY!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, should hit CNN.com or FOX soon.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Can the National Guard shoot the Governor, and then restore order?

Seems like that might be a required Step 1.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Apparently it was also the commanding officer..

www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrina.impact/index.html

"A few moments ago, he stopped a truck full of National Guard Troops ... and said, 'Point your weapons down, this is not Iraq,'" said CNN's Barbara Starr who is traveling with the three-star general.

Fine with me, but you know if they see a threat it wont take long for the guns to come up.

Edit: Well, "put down your weapons" is a little different, and fucking retarded for lack of a better way of saying it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
"Encumbered by idjuts, we pressed onward" - Marshal Pat Garret ...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#8]
That's a joke with observations of this (exagerated or not from CNN)

In one incident, the sergeant said gunmen fired rifles and AK-47s at the helicopters flying overhead.

He said he saw bodies riddled with bullet holes, and the top of one man's head completely shot off.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#9]
POS putting the lives of the Guard in jeopardy...yea he is right, it is not Iraq-it is becoming worse than Iraq right now...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:55:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's a joke with observations of this (exagerated or not from CNN)

In one incident, the sergeant said gunmen fired rifles and AK-47s at the helicopters flying overhead.

He said he saw bodies riddled with bullet holes, and the top of one man's head completely shot off.

Shit, sounds like Iraq to me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#16]
THEY DID NOT SAY TO PUT YOUR GUNS AWAY, THEY SAID TO POINT THEM DOWN OR SLING THEM ON THEIR BACKS, THEY WERE DRIVING AROUND IN A TRUCK WITH THEIR GUNS POINTED OUT, CHILL THE HELL OUT, WHY WOULD YOU BELEIVE CNN ANYWAYS
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#17]
hello.........hello,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn.......I can't hear anything now................hello.............................
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
hello.........hello,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,damn.......I can't hear anything now................hello.............................

If oyu are ever in Az, we should go wheeling in our Jeeps and shooting.  Hopefully I said that quitely enough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If oyu are ever in Az, we should go wheeling in our Jeeps and shooting.  Hopefully I said that quitely enough.

Dace,I was born in Phoenix and hope to get back for a visit one day,it would be my pleasure!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
They were told to Point their weapons down ... this is not Iraq ...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrina.impact/index.html

Ugh.  Listen to the Mayor's telephone call to the media.

I surely hope he loses his job soon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#22]
that mayor is in a place i would never want to be and i respect him for what he's trying to do. the assistance is rolling in late, and in the meantime his city has gone to crap. people are dying. its total anarchy. there isn't food or water for many people, yet all he hears is "help is comming" again and again on those conferances.  it took us 2 days to get tsunami aid there, it took 5 for new orleans. thats sad. this is a terrible tragedy that has been allowed to worsten on our own soil.

how do you deal with being in charge of thousands dead and not having the supplies to do anything about it? do you just play politics or do you demand help? i respect that man. i may not agree with all of his choices, but i respect him. he has no quarms about dealing with the situation. he isn't trying to play politics, he wants people to stay alive.

as for pointing the guns down, good. she isn't saying dont shoot them if they need to. just dont make the fear worst. imagine not everyone there is some random anarchist, and i would hate to hear about 100s of people dead because of a misunderstanding. i dont want to see americans die. not now, not ever if it can be helped.

i look at these pictures, and i'm sad. we have not responded to this the way we should have. we have not been albe to handle our own livelyhoods and thats sad. partisanship aside, those are our people, that is our country, and this is a great tragedy we're watching.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#24]
What I would like to know is when did Gov. Blanco call out the National Guard?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top