Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2005 8:43:28 AM EDT
www.k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2595

Ted Marshall is considering building an exaxt semi-auto Type I underfolding reciever. So if you want one I suggest you let your voice be heard.  

There its fixed...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If only I had a Type 1 kit...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
link isnt working for me
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Linky no work.
thank you
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Not just AKS-47, but AK-47 T1 also.... we will do both, but as of right now, I am the only one I know with a fixed stock T1 kit in the USA.... Stott may have one too....
But us doing an underfolder first will be more likely...
-C
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Works now i guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn I wish I could get my hands on one of those kits...  I'd sell off my M92 and Polish underfolder kit for one of those.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not just AKS-47, but AK-47 T1 also.... we will do both, but as of right now, I am the only one I know with a fixed stock T1 kit in the USA.... Stott may have one too....
-C

p.s. the link worked fine for me...

I can get extra fixxd buttstocks as well.. As cool as an underfolder would be, a fixed stock makes more sense shootability wise.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to have a underforlder reciever for my T1 underfolder parts kit my only poblem is I don't have either  trunnions but I may still buy one anyways on the future hope that I can get them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes all 5 of us could get an authentic type I copy...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Make that six! I’m going to get in on this action if I have to turn tricks to do it!

Joe, you KNOW you want to sell me one of your T1 kits! C’mon!

Actually, other than the pistol grip and the thicker dust cover, I’m set. Still, keep me in mind! If you see a 180 degree gas tube, I haven’t been able to get one yet, so I guess I need one of those, too.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Greentimber
I am looking at using one of the Yugo covers they are close to the same weight as a type 1, 175 grams. they have a small circular relief cut that will need to be welded up on each side near the back end.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Guys (Timber, Jerry), you all can go out in the rain, cause I got you "covered". Don't worry bout the yugo top covers just yet... I think I will be able to hook you two up... Jerry, I haven't weighed one yet, but these T1 covers are serious pieces of metal... maybe I'll take one to work with me and find out how many grams.
Also might have an extra 180 gas tube as well, but don't hold your breath just yet..

BTW, I am going to the Boss' shop today with my kits to start prelim. design and planning.

Timber, your killing me on the kits man...belive it or not, I hadn't planned on ever building my kits into guns, I have been working on a static display to represent all variations of RUssian produced AK-47 rifles from '49-'59. The plan was too mount the cut guns on plexi vertically displayed so you could walk around to both sides and see the parts, in all their destroyed glory. This is a huge project, but a very important one for me, for my research. Every kit I have is a valuable piece to the lineage of the design.
If I build one, I might just use all mismatched parts I have collected over the years, and leave the kits as kits....

-C
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-C

p.s. the link worked fine for me...

I can get extra fixxd buttstocks as well.. As cool as an underfolder would be, a fixed stock makes more sense shootability wise.

Absolutely Stott, I would love to have both of course, but my first choice is certainly a fixed stock.
Get them stocks! I found a few more beaters at the wharehouse, but they are almost unusable.
-C
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top