Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:39:18 PM EDT
I'm pretty sure i'm going to keep the SAR-3 i bought last week, but if i do i want to do something about the muzzle. It looks as if it would be too small to thread 14x1, but its not like i'd put a slant on it anyway.

From the little i've read, i should be able to thread it with AR threads? Then i could use an AR flash suppressor, or a AR to 24mm adaptor and a 74 brake right?

Or a romanian 22mm FSB and US made 22mm brake.

Are those pretty much the only options? I'd rather not use some kind of set screw adaptor. With the AR to 24mm adaptor, would a detent pin hold both on at the same time?

So, tell me what you got, or what you think is best. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I had Chris at AK-USA put on a AK74 brake on my two. Looks like it belongs there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
SEI will be coming out with a Vortex for the AKM/AK47 and shortly after, one for the AK74.  Might be worth the wait.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I faced the same dilemma, and had a Romanian fsb and brake, but I sent it off to InRange to have Troy to turn it into an AK-102 clone...........I already had an AK-74 from ORF, and wanted a different look
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not figured out what to do with mine yet either...  Unless I find something that really like I probably won't do anything to it....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SEI will be coming out with a Vortex for the AKM/AK47 and shortly after, one for the AK74.  Might be worth the wait.

Cant you just thread it for AR threads and put one on?

I wouldnt mind having an AR flash suppressor on it, since it already has a non-authentic caliber.

I already had an AK-74 from ORF, and wanted a different look

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. I've got a AKS-74 from jnewt, so i dont need a 74 clone either, BUT the 74 brake probably makes a big difference. I know it does with the 5.45.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant you just thread it for AR threads and put one on?

I wouldnt mind having an AR flash suppressor on it, since it already has a non-authentic caliber.

I already had an AK-74 from ORF, and wanted a different look

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. I've got a AKS-74 from jnewt, so i dont need a 74 clone either, BUT the 74 brake probably makes a big difference. I know it does with the 5.45.

==================
Well, you cold just thread it 1/2 X 28 TPI...I suppose.  In which case a G6A2 will work...I guess.   However, that's a sorta bubbafried approach, IMHO.  The G6A2 for the M4/M16 has considerable shoulder area to appropriately interface with the USGI barrels.  The ones being made by SEI are purpose built for folks who carry these weapons as a normal course of their duties.   In other words, these are not compromise solutions -- they are the real deal.   Just a couple of months out.  I would imagine civilian enthusiasts might appreciate these items as well.  What do you guys think? Anyway, can't wait to get one for myself and put it on my 7.62 AR-M build.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:22:17 AM EDT
[#7]
You've got two options: Buy a Romanian 22mm front sight base through K-VAR or buy a 22mm thread adapter from Jayson at IGF. I'm not sure if either are available but those are the only ways to go if you want to use the 22mm brake.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

==================
The G6A2 for the M4/M16 has considerable shoulder area to appropriately interface with the USGI barrels.  The ones being made by SEI are purpose built for folks who carry these weapons as a normal course of their duties.   In other words, these are not compromise solutions -- they are the real deal.   Just a couple of months out.  I would imagine civilian enthusiasts might appreciate these items as well.  What do you guys think? Anyway, can't wait to get one for myself and put it on my 7.62 AR-M build.  

Can you explain what the first part means, and what would be different about the new ones coming out, compared with all the other AR flash suppressors? If the threads are the same, then i dont see what difference it would make as far as what gun its on. But, i admittedly dont know much about this stuff.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top