Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:17:12 AM EDT
Just wondering if any of you have one of these and how you like it? I understand Chris is a good gunsmith. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
He recently fixed a defunct AK-74 that was originally built by Randy at Independence Arms and refinished it for me as well.  Came back working like a charm and looking spotless...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a big fan of Chris's work...  I have an RPK-74 and an AK-74 that he did.  They are by far my best AKs.  

The things I like about them are the finish and the triggers.  Chris really takes pride in his finishes and they normally are very, very good.  

I have RSA triggers in mine and I still don't know which person should get more credit - Chris at AK USA or Ken at RSA.  The triggers on my two AKs are as good, if not better than the KAC two-stage trigger in my AR.  

Anyhow, as you can see I'm a little biased but I really like his attention to detail.  Please post a description or pics of the rifle.

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Chris charges a premium for his work but many people feel that he is the best AK smith out there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
He built me an AK-74M.  It's perfect.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#7]
His work is superb!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Member xcibes is a buddy of mine and Chris has built a number of rifles for him and they are beyond reproach, absolutely top notch stuff.

I have three rifles built by Chris and I am so absolutely satisfied that he will soon be building a krink on an SLR105 receiver and an AK74M on another SLR105. My first rifle was a Romanian MkII converted to AK74 configuration. There are pictures of it floating around on this site. The other is an AK103 converted from a Saiga with the proper polymer side-folding stock and the third one is a Hungarian FEG converted to AKM with Russian furniture and a Rssian angled gas block. there are pictures of all of these rifles on this site. I may post some more just for the hell of it. You know what? here they are. (Yes, the lens was dirty but I have not had a chance to re-take the pics so please forgive me)

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's more of Chris's work, enjoy...

PS: The EG AK is NOT mine....though it should be

My first AK74 built by Chris

My AK103

East German AK on an Armory USA 1.6mm receiver....Not mine...damn it!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got 47/74 builds by

Chris at AK-USA
Krebs Custom
Ohio Rapid Fire
Josh at Newton Firearms

AK-USA 74 build is the best.  Absolutely worth the investment on a quality kit / parts collection.  I would not have Chris work on a Romy kit.

Josh at Newton a close second and lower priced priced.  Great quality work and a great guy.

It may be a couple of hundred dollars more than an average build - but everyone should have at least one premium build to see/feel the difference.

ORF is a bit sloppy for my taste.

I have a couple of Polish kits that I'll have Josh build and a Russian AK74M polymer sidefolder on the way that I'll have Chris work on.

Advice:  Bite the bullet, spend a bit more on a quality kit, parts and build (and wait longer) but then get the best quality AK you can imagine!  In the long run, you'll forget the extra $200 - $250 you spent on your favorite rirle.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top