Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, doesn't matter when it was made.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Time to move!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm so prebans are allowed to shipped with the right credentials in MA. learned something new.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:07:32 AM EDT
[#4]
that law is completly uninforceable....

most guns stores around here mysteriously "find a new box of unopened mags" every time they seem to run out..

I went to a show recently and was buying Waffle mags and Bakelite mags from a gun dealer from NH. He had obviously brought them into the state for that show...........

as long as they arent date stamped it is kinda impossible to prove their legality or not
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Technically they had to be already in MA in 94.
As mentioned they are not dated, so who's to say?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#6]
YEP.

Massachusetts has their own "Assualt Weapons " ban. It basically is the same as the expired Federal ban. Hi-cap magazines manufactured before the ban are perfectly legal to purchase and own in Massachusetts as long as the MA resident has a MA Class "A" or "B" LTC (FID card is not enough). I personally have purchased many hi-cap magazines for AK's and AR's on the EE. As long as the buyer can show you a copy of his Class "A" or "B" license and the magazines are "Pre-Ban" neither of you should have any problems.

It would be appreciated if people who do not know the regulations would not post erroneous information. It is difficult enough dealing with the restrictions imposed by the State of Massachusetts without having "AUTHORITYS" spread misinformation which impedes law-abiding legal firearm owners exercising their Second Amendment right to the fullest.

RRANMAR15
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#7]
here is a perfect example of somebody fueling the ambiguity.  see it all the time.  unfortunately, after awhile of seeing stuff like this pop up time and again, i believe people get conditioned into thinking its ok to do so.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Ran- it was my understanding that the mag had to be already into Mass prior to the ban.... not made prior to the ban.... I didnt think that the state allowed more mags across it's border. Hence why companies will not ship mags into this state.

I have been buying mags from local places for big bucks becuase the law dictates no more can be brought into the state (or so I thought)..

can you direct me to the MGL that talks about that?

thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
here is a perfect example of somebody fueling the ambiguity.  see it all the time.  unfortunately, after awhile of seeing stuff like this pop up time and again, i believe people get conditioned into thinking its ok to do so.

That seller is a FFL licensed dealer in MASS. I have purchased two Arsenal AKs from him and he is very knowledable about the MASS laws. His name is Richard Feinberg and runs Weareguns.com. I would really doubt he is giving out erroneous info. I have been buying Bakelite mags from him and he is down to hims last 15 and is selling them at $25  a pop.... can someone provide the law that talks about this?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Mike,

I think that you might be thinking about the fact certain HANDGUNS have to be on the AGs list or have been in the state prior to 1998 to be legally possesed in MA. I will try to come up with the M.G.L. for you but I am at work and I don't have the time to research the link right now. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]
http://www.packing.org/state/massachusetts/

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-131m.htm
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#12]
The Romanian drum is legal in MA because it was imported in the COUNTRY before 1994 (making it pre-ban) it doesn't state that it was in Massachusetts before 1994. Also Massachusetts didn't pass "Assualt Weapon" legislation until a few years after the federal ban was enacted. It's legal because it's "Pre - (Federal)Ban".

RRANMAR15
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not sure... after reading those links it states that they are legal to posses today assuming they were legal prior to the 1994 ban.......
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:26:14 AM EDT
[#14]
The law states that they had to be legally possessed prior to 1994. It does not state that they had to be legally possessed IN MASSACHUSETTS prior to 1994. Read the "letter of the law".  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:20:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Then why is it that so many Mag vendors won't sell preban mags to MA? Maybe just don't want the hassle?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#16]
EXACTLY!

Only a few states have "Assualt Weapon" bans. So vendors don't really need the hassle (real or perceived) and just don't ship to them. Unfortunately, this plays out perfectly for the "gun-grabbing
liberals" in this state who want to make it as difficult(frustrating) as possible for lawful firearm owners.

Years ago, when you entered the state there were highways signs saying stating that if you brought a handgun into Massachusetts you would go to prison for 1 year mandatory. The signs didn't state "Welcome to Massachusetts-Enjoy your stay", just that firearms aren't welcome in Massachusetts. This from the state that brought you "The Shot Heard 'Round the World".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
YEP.

As long as the buyer can show you a copy of his Class "A" or "B" license and the magazines are "Pre-Ban" neither of you should have any problems.
RRANMAR15

Class A only, class B is no hi-cap
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YEP.

As long as the buyer can show you a copy of his Class "A" or "B" license and the magazines are "Pre-Ban" neither of you should have any problems.
RRANMAR15

Class A only, class B is no hi-cap

wait
you guys have to have a permit from the .gov to buy a gun?
the spirit of '76 left New England pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok. Here we go for all that care to know about MA firearm permits.

Firearms Identification Card (FID) Allows you to possess Rifle or Shotgun only. No handguns. If the Rifle or Shotgun is semi-auto it has to be low-cap.

Class "B" LTC Allows you to own a hi- or lo-cap rifle or shot gun BUT you can ONLY possess a lo-cap handgun and you can't carry it concealed (usually issued for target/sporting).

Class "A" LTC Allows you to own a hi- or lo-cap rifle or shotgun AND/OR a hi- or lo-cap handgun and you may carry the handgun concealed (some restrictions may apply).

MAXXX93 you are misinformed. I don't want to argue these points because I am correct. It is unfortunate to see that you are unaware of your rights in your home state. Apathy such as this will only lead to further "gun-control" restrictions in Massachusetts. GET INFORMED! PROTECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#20]
The topic is whether or not they can legally be **SHIPPED** to MA, not whether possession is legal.  Seems like everyone is answering/confusing two questions and issues here.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top