Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 2:02:29 PM EDT
I've noticed in the photos I've seen of the Krinkov style rifles in particular the M92.
It seems that the dust cover is hinged or riveted at the front.  Would this make a stable enough platform for a red dot type sight ie the Kobra on a picatinny rail?  Or is this more like putting a rocket on a skateboard?Sgt Bingham
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally wouldn't put optics on anything but a side rail ...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Old problem for the AK's and SKS's because of the recieiver cover in their design. Nether gun offers a SOLID base stock. The handguard is the best opition in my opinion however, as it can be "tightened" up rather easily compared to trying to get the thin sheet metal dust cover to stay put. Auto Burst Technologies has a nice synthetic handguard set up that looks tight...well as solid as you will get I guess with rails already moulded in. (In my opinion again, excellent for a vert grip or flashlight, but not an aiming device in the long run.)

My M1 Carbine had a similar problem till a company came out with a solid Aluminum upper handguard with built in rails that anchored to the guns barrel. Needless to say, it works.

The sidemount (on the receiver) is also a solid mount, but a bit too bulky lookin for my tatses.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The sidemount (on the receiver) is also a solid mount, but a bit too bulky lookin for my tatses.

Thats the only way to fly for optics on an AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top