Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:22:18 PM EDT
I was cruising around on Tantals website lusting after the Tula Krink clone in his projects section when I came across his Polish Tantal page. There’s some pretty cool info and pics. I got to looking around at some of the links and found a couple other cool pages.

I especially like the little Onyks and the Black Polymer dressed Tantal. Very, very EEEVVIIIIIILLL!!!

tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/parts2.html

Is this sexy or what?

From Tantal's website:

"While several colors of early furniture were tried for the new Polish AK-74, including green, a orange-yellow bakelite pistol grip/ lower, and dark maroon polyamide upper were eventually issued with the finalized production models. Most models were fitted with the Polish improved German-style wire side folding stock. Polish military manuals and posters show fixed laminated buttstocks may have also been fitted to a rare few. Notice the upper handgurads is longer than normal, because it fits directly into the rear sight base. The gas tube has no flanges to hold it in place.

Black plastic furniture, with a frosted textured finish, were placed into semi-production at about the same time as the 5.56mm prototypes were being finalized, and were theoretically retrofitted to Wz. 88 rifles as replacement parts. However, they were esentially only issued to a few members of elite units and were generally never really used. Versions of these sold by GT actually had AKM type uppers which would not fit WZ. 88's unique gas tube."

I thought that was pretty interesting. How cool would it be to have some of that rare, experimental black polymer Tantal furniture? I mean, there can't be more than, what, a few sets in existence? How many in private hands?

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats very cool.  Tantal is an awesome guy, with a awesome site.  I was hoping you were going to say some were for sale.  Got a tantal kit that needs to go together.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully more than a few and for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Those are freaking BEYOND sexy!

Thank goodness someone answered my prayers about the things!

Man, a Special Forces Tantal would be freaking awesome....

I WANT I WANT I WANT!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, I was offered some of this stuff a few years ago from Poland, but didnt buy.

I personally think that the brownish handguards look 10x better then standard black stuff....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you kidding?

Nothing beats black!  Especially if it was gear that was issued to elite units!

I wants a Specjalne Siły zbrojne Tantal!  

(And apologies if I butchered the language, I used www.poltran.com)

I've got a mint Tantal kit, with the bipod, with the night sight, and everyone else is going to be building their kits with the weird orangish-brown furniture.

What better way to make mine unique, and still remain non-bubbafied?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Specjalne Siły zbrojne Tantal!

What the hell is that?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
"Special Forces" Tantal

At least, according to that website...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#8]
That is cool! The Beryl would be my choice (I mean if possible) but look closely at the dimple on that receiver. Looks awfully close to the Armory???
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The dimple sure does look similar!

That picture is of a Tantal, though - parts kits which are in the country.

I don't think any of the Beryl's made it in.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top